For people with the phone....screen protector?

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
For people with the phone, do I need a screen protector? When I had an iPhone 4 with GG I didn't use one and saw very minmal scratching. I have HD Zagg on my S3, but unfortunately its not available on the N4 (only the original). Thoughts on going nude?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't have the phone yet, but I have a Zagg Invisible Shield for front and back waiting at home for it. Never liked them until I had it on my EVO 4G LTE and iPhone 5. Only thing is they don't have the HD version for Nexus 4, so I bought the regular one. If the HD does come out I will pay a few bucks extra to upgrade to that.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Read that even though the gorilla glass 2 protects form many scratches, there are some that stil can scratch the screen. You paid 300+ for it, why not get a $1 screen protector and keep the device near mint?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The regular zagg ones I have and they work well almost as good as the HD but just not there

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Ed 115

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For gods sake get a screen protector! Just today i found a ton faint long scratches (the ones you csn only see on certain angles) and i baby it to death. Im very ocd and its killing me.

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
For gods sake get a screen protector! Just today i found a ton faint long scratches (the ones you csn only see on certain angles) and i baby it to death. Im very ocd and its killing me.
I can second this recommendation. I am extremely careful with my phone and have never used a screen protector for my N1, or GNex. But my N4, after about 4 days, got a scratch right in the middle of the front screen, deep enough to feel with my finger nail. I have no idea how it happened. (With a light-colored wallpaper it's not as noticeable.) It bothered me enough that I bought a second N4 (arriving today) and will either give the scratched one to my husband, or sell it on eBay. Husband doesn't care, except he's rough on phones and maybe shouldn't have the N4 at all. He needs an Otterbox.

TCMan5190

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

same here. I have a very faint one on the front but there's one spot on the back with many little scratches that I have no idea how it got there. looks like I rubbed it around on something for 10 minutes. i'm about to order a full cover from somewhere
I didn't have anything on my galaxy nexus and the screen just has a couple small ones. I think I could last with the front screen but the back glass isn't as good quality it seems like

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone just keeping the back plastic sticker on to it doesn't scratch?

I had front and back protector on for 2 weeks... But I missed the naked screen so much that I just peeled the front protector off and am loving the buttery smoothness.

I'm keeping the back one on for just a little longer...

I do have a carry pouch that I have it in when not in use so I'm not too concerned about scratches on the front screen right now.

If I can get a bumper, I'm peeling of the back screen protector too and don't think I'll go back to protectors for a while. :D

This phone feels too amazing naked in the hand to resist, lol. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: For people with the phone....screen protector

My skinomi one just arrived today. Feels a bit rubbery. not sure if I like it for the front. I kept doing it over because fingerprints. I suck. It says it takes a couple days to settle so we will see

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site