I deleted my "Edited" album and I don't know how to get it back! Please help!

axeldiaz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I could use some help on this because I haven't been able to find an answer yet.

I edited a picture and pressed the back button, and the N4 saved the newly edited picture to an album called (I think it was called) "Edited". Not knowing I was selecting the whole album instead of the single picture, I held my finger down on the album and pressed the trash icon to throw it away. I confirmed deletion, and threw away the album! I tried to bring it back by editing another picture, thinking it would save and re-create the "Edited" album, but instead the picture saves in the gallery that the original exists. I am also unable to find a "Create Album" option. :'(

Does anyone know what I can do to bring back the album, and to have the phone know to put my edited pictures back into that album?

Thank you for your time!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So, to clarify, are you hoping to get back the Edited album and all of its contents? Or simply to once again have an album titled "Edited"?

If the former... well, that may not be very easy to do. Quite possibly out of the question.

If the latter, you have a couple of options:

1) Download from Pay Store an app like Astro File Manager. After installing, just navigate to the appropriate place (Local Storage 1 -> DCIM (or Pictures), tap the menu button, tap New Folder, and so on

2) Use a USB cable to connect your N4 to a PC, open Windows Explorer, click Nexus 4, etc, etc, navigate as above and create a new folder in the usual manner.

It would seem that there should be a direct way of doing this (within the Gallery app, for example) but I haven't found it yet.

axeldiaz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the rapid response.

To clarify, I am simply trying to once again have an album titled Edited. I feel as though I discovered a bug by deleting it, because now all of my photos that I've edited save to the same folder as the original (e.g. Downloads) instead of saving to an "Edited" folder.

I downloaded the Android File Transfer application from android.com per the instructions of the N4 when I plugged it into my Mac. Unfortunately, I didn't find the folder structure I expected to by going into DCIM or pictures :(

Would you know the best way for me to provide feedback to Google regarding this matter? I know there's a feedback button for other applications such as Google Voice, but I haven't found a way yet for the Gallery.

Thanks again!

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
did you set up syncing pictures to your Google + account? If you did. They should all be in your Google + albums.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

axeldiaz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I do have Google+ sync set up; however, my issue isn't my missing pictures, but that the folder structure on the N4 is gone and I cannot restore it.

Thank you though!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer