Uk Nexus 4 ordered on 4th December

Annirax

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Cancelled my order myself. The extra time waiting has made me realise that I want google to have the money less than I want the phone. Ah well, good luck to those of you still waiting, and hope you enjoy your phones

While demand still outstrips supply, you're just helping someone else get their phone sooner, rather than taking anything away from Google.

saintren1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
And Google won't let you cancel after an hour,you have to refuse delivery and wait for them to receive it back.Quoted my Mrs 4-5 weeks to get the refund when she tried to cancel.Instead we are still waiting a second shipment and have sold it on for cost when it arrives,no ebay vultures here....

offyoutoddle

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
While demand still outstrips supply, you're just helping someone else get their phone sooner, rather than taking anything away from Google.

Then that makes me happy for someone else to benefit from it. Thanks fir reminding me of that, - every cloud really does have a silver lining I guess.
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

offyoutoddle

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
And Google won't let you cancel after an hour,you have to refuse delivery and wait for them to receive it back.Quoted my Mrs 4-5 weeks to get the refund when she tried to cancel.Instead we are still waiting a second shipment and have sold it on for cost when it arrives,no ebay vultures here....

Nope - cancelled it just fine, no refund required as no money has been taken either.

saintren1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope - cancelled it just fine, no refund required as no money has been taken either.

That's what we thought when we cancelled but is still showing up in her google wallet account and when we spoke to the help centre they advised us of what's in my earlier post.interested if that is different for you though,when you cancelled was it after the pre-authorised payment was returned and was your shipping delayed from the original estimate?

offyoutoddle

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not taking too much interest in what google wallet says right now to be honest, im more interested in what my credit card has to say - so far no debit, or pre auth holds. That's why I wasn't too bothered about cancelling. And you know what? It will sort itself out in the medium term. Time to relax for Christmas. Any problems I will deal with later, but im not going to borrow trouble. Have a great Xmas btw;)

saintren1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
and to you,just headed home to unwrap my first present,hopefully this thread will cease soon cause it means everyone is sorted!
I'm not taking too much interest in what google wallet says right now to be honest, im more interested in what my credit card has to say - so far no debit, or pre auth holds. That's why I wasn't too bothered about cancelling. And you know what? It will sort itself out in the medium term. Time to relax for Christmas. Any problems I will deal with later, but im not going to borrow trouble. Have a great Xmas btw;)

bigbadmadman

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Right, to perhaps attempt to shed some light: I just phones Google (the 0800 number) regarding orders in the 1-2 week category. They have said to me that Google are no longer sending devices but customer information is being passed to the manufacturer who are under instructions from Google to send orders in the order they were received, which by reading some of the posts doesn't appear to be the case.

They did say that there is every possibility that orders in the 1-2 week bracket are fulfilled in time but there is also every chance they won't as its down to the manufacturer sending devices asap. They did offer a shipping refund if this is not the case. Its just a case of waiting and if you're lucky enough to be selected for delivery then congratulations!

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

They did say that there is every possibility that orders in the 1-2 week bracket are fulfilled in time but there is also every chance they won't as its down to the manufacturer sending devices asap.

Oh crap... Its been passed over to LG? We're all fooked.

Sent from my brilliant Nexus 7

rojach

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Right, to perhaps attempt to shed some light: I just phones Google (the 0800 number) regarding orders in the 1-2 week category. They have said to me that Google are no longer sending devices but customer information is being passed to the manufacturer who are under instructions from Google to send orders in the order they were received, which by reading some of the posts doesn't appear to be the case.
I thought i bought a phone, not a lottery ticket!!!!!! Crazy!!!!
1 to 2 wks, still waiting......

They did say that there is every possibility that orders in the 1-2 week bracket are fulfilled in time but there is also every chance they won't as its down to the manufacturer sending devices asap. They did offer a shipping refund if this is not the case. Its just a case of waiting and if you're lucky enough to be selected for delivery then congratulations!
I thought I bought a phone not a lottery ticket!!!! Crazy!!!!
1 to 2 wks, still waiting............

saintren1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Update,we have contacted Google again as still had no details for the second order(still 1-2 weeks group) and they have said its due but on hold as they had had a cancel request,so in the hope that it aids someone who went through this fantastic order system get theirs quicker,have indeed now cancelled. Feel better disappointing my buyer who hadnt ordered than someone waiting for what they DID order!

acejmk

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 4th at 17:09 status changed on the 15th to pre order but still no email I just hope I get it before Christmas (when first ordered it said 1 to 2 weeks so it will be 2 weeks tomorrow)

Got an email this morning 0436 phone shipped should get it tomorrow so in the end not bad only on day over the 2 week estimate :)

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet, will give them until 9am then call and ask whats happening if they still cant give me a straight answer i'm cancelling and ordering a Motorola Razr i from Expansys its an extra ?30 for a slightly better phone in my opinion and with expandable storage....wish i looked at it before ordering lol.

rojach

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet, will give them until 9am then call and ask whats happening if they still cant give me a straight answer i'm cancelling and ordering a Motorola Razr i from Expansys its an extra ?30 for a slightly better phone in my opinion and with expandable storage....wish i looked at it before ordering lol.

Hang in there, I have just received shipping confirmation, I'm sure it won't be long for you too, I'm a 1 to 2 weeks, seems they're now being shipped

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Got my shipping email today, exactly 2 weeks after ordering on a 1-2 week shipping time scale so I can't really complain. Should have the phone on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Next stop a nexus 10.....

rojach

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was getting impatient too, I don't like not knowing what's going on, but I suppose it has shipped within the two week window, albeit by 1 hour 31 minutes!!!!!!

Mayank Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I swear i'm the most impatient fat sod you could ever meet lol.

I just read this on the XDA developers forums "anyone whose status was updated to the 15th was allocated a phone, and will get them" The person called the customer support and thats what they said. Hopefully you and I will get a confirmation tonight. I am really impatient as well :p

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just read this on the XDA developers forums "anyone whose status was updated to the 15th was allocated a phone, and will get them" The person called the customer support and thats what they said. Hopefully you and I will get a confirmation tonight. I am really impatient as well :p
haha hopefully, i got some lame replied via email from them

Such as:

"Hi Graham,

Thanks for responding back. To determine the estimated delivery window for your Google Play Device Store order please do the following:

1. First, locate the Google Play Device Store receipt emailed to you with the subject line 'Your Google Play Order Receipt'.

2. Next, find the 'Order date' listed on your receipt

3. If your 'Shipping Status' says 'Estimated Ship', your item will be shipped within the number of weeks specified.

4. If your 'Shipping Status' says 'Estimated Delivery', your item will be delivered within the number of days specified (business days only).

Once your order has been shipped, you'll receive an email notification with a tracking number. Your estimated time of delivery will be determined at the point that your order has been processed and shipped. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply back and let me know.

Regards,

Sandra
The Google Play Support Team"

Then another later on after my not so happy reply

"Hi Graham,

Thanks for responding back. Until a tracking number is issued, the only time frame we can provide is an estimate. An estimate isn't a guarantee as to when the device will be delivered. However, the devices usually ship within that time frame.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Regards,

Sandra
The Google Play Support Team"

In other words they havent a clue whats happening, for a company that earns billions a year they cant tell you when a device you have paid for will be delivered.

Paahh i'm away to put the kettle on... lol.