Nexus 4 Voicemail

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
AT&T visual voicemail had been down for almost a week, it may be a problem on their end not yours.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I did as mentioned and that Google Voice app seemed to setup with no problem. And for good measure I did the *004* call forwarding anyways (with only one * in the beginning... I missed the part you said two **) and it said it forwarded successfully. But haven't had anyone call me to finish testing. Will update the results. Thanks again.

Here's how I got it working on my phone with ST-ATT. Activate your phone thru google voice online like you did (even though the forwarding didn't work). Then install the google voice app from the Play Store. The app will actually turn on the forwarding on your phone. When you go thru the steps for setting up the app, you have to make sure to change the voicemail provider to GV from carrier, then the code from google works perfectly. If for some reason the forwarding code doesn't work, you can try using **004* (two stars at the beginning instead of one star) then your gv number then # and it should work.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Help! Where are my voice mail settings so I can select that I want Google Voice!

Thanks!

If you're with AT&T you might get a failure error when you try switch to GV in Settings. Just ignore it. Once you dial the code the GV website gives you and it's accepted, you're good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4