Switching to nexus 4??

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am currently an iPhone 5 owner but I want to purchase a Nexus 4 to have another phone to switch back and forth to. And I'm pretty sure, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, that the Nexus 4 uses a micro SIM and doesn't have 4G LTE. Can a SIM adaptor be used? Also, what will happen if I use a non-4G LTE phone with my current 4G LTE data plan?

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same experience you are explaining. I was using a black 16GB iPhone 5 before switching to the Nexus 4. Sim adaptors do work...the Noosy seems to be the best built ones that I have used and thats what I put in the N4. Some folks on here have had to call AT&T to switch things around or activate. I on the other hand had no problems...swap the sim out to the N4 turn on and it worked. The APN settings that were stock worked very well for me....no problems at all and never had to call AT&T once. :)

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
To the best of my understanding;
I'm sure there's a niche MicroSIM/NanoSIM adapter market but I'd do more homework.
Using a non 4G-LTE phone will, obviously, not take advantage of 4G-LTE speeds. From what I know, since I assume you're referring to AT&T, the MetroPCS/future T-Mobile 4G-LTE network doesn't operate on the same bands as AT&T's so it will likely switch to whatever 3G data network is available and won't easily eat into your data plan, unless its unlimited and you'll only be marred by slower network throughput when not on WiFi.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
yes, you can use an adapter. Nexus 4 has no LTE but it has 4G(HSPA+ called 4G by some carriers)
it has 4G lte for some carriers with some tweaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03