Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 charging habits

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    I can.. Most newer devices do... And whoever said to keep your battery between 30-85% is a *****... At least once or twice a week you should run it down to 5-10% and fully charge it... Your gonna have pretty **** poor battery life if your trying to stay between 30-85

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I read at different places that confirmed that complete drain (2-8%) and full charge of battery will not add any value to the life or power of the battery rather there is a chance of weakening it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by fayaz02; 05-25-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

[TIP]Once your phone charges to 100%, it will automatically stop charging. Feel free to keep your phone charging as long as you want.

DO NOT regularly leave your phone to fully drain its battery and shut itself off. This can damage your battery.[/TIP]

yes. i have an andru charger... plug it in and the eyes turn blue. fully charged the lights turn white. you can see it in trickle mode cause if it dips under full charge the eyes will change. dont be fooled by it's cuteness, this baby is a quality piece in feel and construction and charges fast and safely. the factory chargers suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Not trying to call you out at all, but can others confirm this?

I've always wondered if that were the case, would be comforting to know for sure.

It is not good to keep the phone plugged in overnight because at the maximum charging voltage there are irreversible side reactions in the lithium ion battery that permanantly deplete the battery of capacity. The irreversible side reactions are very prominent at the maximum voltage cutoff and also at the minimum voltage cutoff. It is always good to keep the battery in an intermediate voltage range, not at the extremes. Keeping the voltage in an intermediate range (say around 30 to 70%) will help the battery to last a lot longer. Also, another issue is temperature. It is best to not get the battery too hot, so you should not keep the phone left in the sun, and remove the phone from your pocket when possible. High temperatures also cause permanent battery capacity fade. Also, do not charge the battery too quickly as this will also cause irreversible capacity loss. Don't use a charger that provides more current than the OEM charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anand David View Post
    It is not good to keep the phone plugged in overnight because at the maximum charging voltage there are irreversible side reactions in the lithium ion battery that permanantly deplete the battery of capacity. The irreversible side reactions are very prominent at the maximum voltage cutoff and also at the minimum voltage cutoff. It is always good to keep the battery in an intermediate voltage range, not at the extremes. Keeping the voltage in an intermediate range (say around 30 to 70%) will help the battery to last a lot longer. Also, another issue is temperature. It is best to not get the battery too hot, so you should not keep the phone left in the sun, and remove the phone from your pocket when possible. High temperatures also cause permanent battery capacity fade. Also, do not charge the battery too quickly as this will also cause irreversible capacity loss. Don't use a charger that provides more current than the OEM charger.
    The phone will regulate the charge. Both extreme hot and cold weather affect the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Only 2 rules to remember
    - avoid high temperature
    - do not use it to 0%

Other than these, you don't need to be worried.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12