1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Micro Sim Question

Hey Everyone!

So I finally, finally got my Nexus 4 in the mail today. Being excited, I rushed to a T-Mobile store to activate the phone on the $30 100 min/unlimited text and data plan. Sadly though, they can't activate that plan in-store. Then, I went to Wal-Mart, where you apparently can get that plan. Sadly though, they don't sell sim cards there.

I'm thinking tomorrow to just go back to the T-Mobile store and just buy any sim card, but personally just activate the $30 plan. Is that possible by any chance? I want to hurry up and start using this phone! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: T-Mobile Micro Sim Question

that should do the trick, or call customer service and see if they can send one out and have it activated

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taj7575 View Post
    I'm thinking tomorrow to just go back to the T-Mobile store and just buy any sim card, but personally just activate the $30 plan. Is that possible by any chance? I want to hurry up and start using this phone! Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    You can do that, and it is easiest to activate the plan online. But in the store, they will charge you something like $10 for a Micro SIM card. If you order it online, it will cost you 99 cents, AND come with a pre-loaded balance of $3.34 (so for the first month, you will only spend $26.66).

Enjoy!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    You can do that, and it is easiest to activate the plan online. But in the store, they will charge you something like $10 for a Micro SIM card. If you order it online, it will cost you 99 cents, AND come with a pre-loaded balance of $3.34 (so for the first month, you will only spend $26.66).

Enjoy!
    Thanks for the tip! Sadly though, I went to the store and found out that they don't sell a mico-SIM unless you activate the plan. I don't know if that's how it works everywhere, but I've been to two T-Mobile stores so far, and both said the same thing to me.

Buy the SIM card here Just $0.99 plus free shipping.

Shipping is really fast and the card should arrive in two business days. Once it arrives, just follow the instructions in the included materials to regsiter online.

PS: Make sure you power off your phone before installing the card. Turn phone on, hold the power button until pop up appears, select Power Off option. After installing SIM card, hold power button for several seconds until phone vibrates once, release button to boot phone.

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post

Enjoy!
    They were going to charge me $20 for a sim card so I left. Then walmart was like the OP said. Plus they couldn't fathom the possibility of how I got a phone without a sim card lol. Darn rednecks (and I can say that since I'm southern).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow, I got lucky. I went to a T-Mobile store, and the guy activated the online plan for me. He said it was dumb why others wouldn't allow it anyway. I'm all set with my Nexus 4 now!

Tip - Call around and confirm with T-Mobile store that they will activate the specific $30 online plan for you.

So you just walked in without a sim?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by taj7575 View Post
    Wow, I got lucky. I went to a T-Mobile store, and the guy activated the online plan for me. He said it was dumb why others wouldn't allow it anyway. I'm all set with my Nexus 4 now!

Tip - Call around and confirm with T-Mobile store that they will activate the specific $30 online plan for you.
    They activated mine in store as well

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydc View Post
    So you just walked in without a sim?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. I got the sim for free and got the plan activated. The guy that was working there was really nice though, so again it depends where you go (I went to one T-Mobile store where the sales rep basically immediately told me no lol).

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xelion View Post
    They were going to charge me $20 for a sim card so I left. Then walmart was like the OP said. Plus they couldn't fathom the possibility of how I got a phone without a sim card lol. Darn rednecks (and I can say that since I'm southern).
    Just order the SIM card online. It will cost you a buck, the shipping is free, and it will come in a couple of days. When you have it, follow the instructions and activate online.

Yeah I ordered my .99 cent sim before the phone went on sale. Had to be prepared.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I ordered the micro sim online 8pm Wednesday night and added the Overnight shipping for $11.99 so I would have it before the weekend. My confirmation said it would arrive on Dec. 7th. It arrived today at 10:30 am, so their shipping estimates are pretty accurate.