Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Hey, I thought this would be easy from seeing everyone else's posts, but I am having issues.

    My Nexus 4 arrived today. I took my AT&T sim card out of my current phone (HTC Inspire), used the nifty sim cutter I had bought to cut it down to microsim size and then inserted it into the Nexus 4. When I turn the phone on, it says there is no sim card. I have done this multiple times.

    Thinking I had damaged the sim card, I put it back together with the cut-off section and inserted i back into my Inspire. It worked with no issues so I know the sim card is not messed up.

    Am I doing something wrong? It just seems so easy and I cannot get it to work! Help.
  2. #2  
    88 FLUX's Avatar

    Posts
    625 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbobwright View Post
    Hey, I thought this would be easy from seeing everyone else's posts, but I am having issues.

    My Nexus 4 arrived today. I took my AT&T sim card out of my current phone (HTC Inspire), used the nifty sim cutter I had bought to cut it down to microsim size and then inserted it into the Nexus 4. When I turn the phone on, it says there is no sim card. I have done this multiple times.

    Thinking I had damaged the sim card, I put it back together with the cut-off section and inserted i back into my Inspire. It worked with no issues so I know the sim card is not messed up.

    Am I doing something wrong? It just seems so easy and I cannot get it to work! Help.
    To make sure you cut it properly, when you insert the SIM, are the gold contacts facing the front of the phone or the back?
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

    Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Id say just go get a sim..and like ^him the gold contacts are suppose to be facing down tword he back of the phone

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    They are facing toward the back.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    You need to reboot the phone.

    Turn it on then hold the power button until the pop up menu appears; now tap Power Off and OK.

    After the phone shuts down, hold the power button again for several seconds until the phone vibrates once then let go. The phone will restart and should now recognize the SIM card.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    I've rebooted,taken out and reinserted, rebooted again multiple times and nothing.maybe I will make a trip over to at&t and see if I can get a real microsim card. Thanks anyways.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    You know your not suppose to take a sim out or put it in while the phone is powered on? Prob not you issue just a heads up...

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Jaysus 
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Make the trip to an AT&T store and get a micro sim. Should be free, also make sure it's activated.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbobwright View Post
    I've rebooted,taken out and reinserted, rebooted again multiple times and nothing.maybe I will make a trip over to at&t and see if I can get a real microsim card. Thanks anyways.
    Make sure they do not change your plan. There have been numerous people on the forums that went in for the microsim and came out with a plan that was not HSPA+. You should have that on your Inspire, being that it was the first HSPA+ Android phone on AT&T (and had the worst GPS of any phone I have ever had!)
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Had the same problem!
    Needed to reboot it twice, but worked in the end!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

    Quote Originally Posted by swartzz View Post
    Make the trip to an AT&T store and get a micro sim. Should be free, also make sure it's activated.
    When I got my micro sim card at an ATT store, they charged me $25 plus tax. I am a long-time ATT customer with grand-fathered unlimited data (actually 5 Gig a month and then you get throttled down to 2G speed, truth-in-advertisement, ATT!!!). ATT is evil, Verizon is eviler.

Similar Threads

  1. What type of SIM card the Nexus 4 will use?
    By jesman71 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
  2. at&t bb sim card in GSiii?
    By islandguy808 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 10:00 AM
  3. at&t bb sim card in GSiii?
    By islandguy808 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 06:47 AM
  4. Can I just insert the 4G SIM card into another GN and use it?
    By Touchpaddle in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:49 PM
  5. iPhone 3Gs Sim Card in Nexus One?
    By JOHNGAETANO in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

B