Inserting an AT&T sim card into Nexus 4 - help

mrbobwright

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I thought this would be easy from seeing everyone else's posts, but I am having issues.

My Nexus 4 arrived today. I took my AT&T sim card out of my current phone (HTC Inspire), used the nifty sim cutter I had bought to cut it down to microsim size and then inserted it into the Nexus 4. When I turn the phone on, it says there is no sim card. I have done this multiple times.

Thinking I had damaged the sim card, I put it back together with the cut-off section and inserted i back into my Inspire. It worked with no issues so I know the sim card is not messed up.

Am I doing something wrong? It just seems so easy and I cannot get it to work! Help.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I thought this would be easy from seeing everyone else's posts, but I am having issues.

My Nexus 4 arrived today. I took my AT&T sim card out of my current phone (HTC Inspire), used the nifty sim cutter I had bought to cut it down to microsim size and then inserted it into the Nexus 4. When I turn the phone on, it says there is no sim card. I have done this multiple times.

Thinking I had damaged the sim card, I put it back together with the cut-off section and inserted i back into my Inspire. It worked with no issues so I know the sim card is not messed up.

Am I doing something wrong? It just seems so easy and I cannot get it to work! Help.

To make sure you cut it properly, when you insert the SIM, are the gold contacts facing the front of the phone or the back?

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Id say just go get a sim..and like ^him the gold contacts are suppose to be facing down tword he back of the phone

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You need to reboot the phone.

Turn it on then hold the power button until the pop up menu appears; now tap Power Off and OK.

After the phone shuts down, hold the power button again for several seconds until the phone vibrates once then let go. The phone will restart and should now recognize the SIM card.

mrbobwright

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've rebooted,taken out and reinserted, rebooted again multiple times and nothing.maybe I will make a trip over to at&t and see if I can get a real microsim card. Thanks anyways.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
You know your not suppose to take a sim out or put it in while the phone is powered on? Prob not you issue just a heads up...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've rebooted,taken out and reinserted, rebooted again multiple times and nothing.maybe I will make a trip over to at&t and see if I can get a real microsim card. Thanks anyways.

Make sure they do not change your plan. There have been numerous people on the forums that went in for the microsim and came out with a plan that was not HSPA+. You should have that on your Inspire, being that it was the first HSPA+ Android phone on AT&T (and had the worst GPS of any phone I have ever had!)

jamesc760

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Make the trip to an AT&T store and get a micro sim. Should be free, also make sure it's activated.

When I got my micro sim card at an ATT store, they charged me $25 plus tax. I am a long-time ATT customer with grand-fathered unlimited data (actually 5 Gig a month and then you get throttled down to 2G speed, truth-in-advertisement, ATT!!!). ATT is evil, Verizon is eviler.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87