Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Was your phone a lemon

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope - my phone was great from day one!

140 83.83%
  • Yes - my phone is a lemon with an RMA

27 16.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Re: (Poll) No problems with Nexus 4 or having to send it back already?

Setup RMA for Earpiece Buzz and Camera issues. See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Poll) No problems with Nexus 4 or having to send it back already?-121211-143938.jpg  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Now that is an issue I got the buzzing so RMA for me.

Mine is perfect except the aux volume is pretty low. Not to the point where I think it's broken, but it's not nearly as loud as my iPhone. That and my aux is crooked, when I plug something in it is slanted and not straight up. Still trying to see if others have these issues.... otherwise perfect phone

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

RMA ordered last night, got an email this evening from UPS saying it will be delivered tomorrow! Fingers crossed that this one is perfect! My current N4 has the partially yellow screen, hasn't gone away after 5 days...

Quote Originally Posted by rickms80 View Post
    Setup RMA for Earpiece Buzz and Camera issues. See attached.
    Holy crap what is wrong with that camera? :O

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Still waiting on mine replacement. Ordered it on November 30th and it is still pending. CS does not have a clue why I did not receive it yet. This is getting ridiculous.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Holy crap what is wrong with that camera? :O
    Not sure. Doesn't always happen. Usually happens when i'm taking video.

I am having a similar issue of the fact that when I'm in a call, sometimes I can't hangup.... a bit weird... Also, I have noticed that I can sometimes hear crackly noises during a call. Can anyone hear "loose" parts (buttons) make a noise when moving the device around? It is extremely noticeable to me.

Cannot hear a single thing from the earpiece but the phone works on speaker. Not so good for something that is marketed fundamentally as a phone.

Had trouble finding a google help line number (google, see Amazon for how to do it right) so called LG UK and a very helpful lady gave me a number for Google after telling me they had had a number of callers with similar issues.

Bit disappointed at the moment but google can redeem themselves somewhat if they send a replacement infinitely more quickly than the 6 weeks it took to get the thing from date of order.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

I've been using mine since December 10th, luckily issue free. I've had a quirk here it there with a app but that's no different than any other Android phone I've had.

60% of the time it works every time!
    *T-Mobile HSPA+42 Nexus 4*

I'm really happy with the nexus 4. Battery seems fine. No rattling but unfortunately there r some other problems

#1 Yellow Line in the Display

#2 Cannot switch to Video Mode
    How hard i try..it won't switch to video mode & sometimes flash get locked.

No issues here :-) Still happy I left iOS for Google.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    1+1/Nexus 5

I think all that information was on the email you received about how to return it.

Just got my Nexus 4 about a week ago and at first my experience was great however there were a few signs of trouble initially with intermittent internet drop outs on T-Mobile's network. 2 days ago I started experiencing a much more serious problem - the phone has started locking up and refusing to wake from sleep. The status LED blinks once if you hold down the power button but even a long press doesn't wake it up. The first time this happened I plugged it into my computer using the supplied USB cable and it immediately woke and began working. Today's it has happened twice, the first time it refused to wake up for several minutes and then suddenly began working again. The second time it froze again with a black screen and wouldn't wake up. I plugged it into my computer and it showed the charging symbol indicating the battery was 3/4 full. After a few power button presses it booted back up and is currently working. Anyone else experiencing something like this? If it keeps happening I'm going to have to return it but I'm hoping maybe there's a software fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Marten View Post
    Cannot hear a single thing from the earpiece but the phone works on speaker. Not so good for something that is marketed fundamentally as a phone.

Had trouble finding a google help line number (google, see Amazon for how to do it right) so called LG UK and a very helpful lady gave me a number for Google after telling me they had had a number of callers with similar issues.

Bit disappointed at the moment but google can redeem themselves somewhat if they send a replacement infinitely more quickly than the 6 weeks it took to get the thing from date of order.
    Got a replacement from Google within 2 days and they send the replacement before they ask for your old phone back. Replacement phone is a thing of perfection . Good job google.

There should be a third choice where many are sitting at present: waiting for an update to resolve various more minor issues.

Issue free over here.

My Nexus 4 arrived today and the first and only problem I had is Wifi tethering incredibly slow. Turn Bluetooth off, GPS, NFC, no change at all. Replacement needed!

No problems here. That goes for my Nexus 4 and my husband's.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.
    pugnuttt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

No problems for me. I'm thinking this poll will have slightly biased results because people with problems will answer it in order to make awareness of defective units, but most people without issues will just pass over the poll. It's impossible that 15% of all N4 owners have had to get an RMA.

- My N4 has a rattle up near the NExus logo.. I don't know if thats good or bad that other people seem to have it too.. If I hold it upright and tap the Nexus logo you can hear it.
    - Yesterday I had full service and called a landline. I was getting this horrible crackling sound in my ear, I put it on speaker and it wasn't there. This only happened on one call so far.
    - Does it take anyone else 2+ hours to get a full charge ?
    - 20 mins after unplugging from a full charge, I checked the battery and it was already at 95% remaining. The only things running were OS related.

I've since installed the Easy Battery Saver App and am running it on intelligent mode. I am getting noticeably better battery life BUT the downfall is that I dont get emails or even texts very promptly. And when I turn it on it takes a few seconds to find a signal, so I assume this is because it is on some sort of sleep mode. I also think this mode is making all my cell and web functions go into some sort of "fetch mode" as nothing seems to be pushed through.
    I did a crude test and sent an iPhone 4 a text and one to my N4. The iPhone got the text and its been 15 minutes for the N4, nothing yet (both have same signal strength on the same carrier, wi-fi off)

I REALLY like this phone but I don't know if this is normal behaviour as this is my first Android..

Sending back my phone today, had a dead spot on the screen. The new one works perfect, the screen has a little more of a yellow tint but apparently this will go away as it breaks in? Also, got the "new improved" n4 with the little no slide bumps, whooopeee!

Question for the forum: Do they need the charger back? Will they ding me $25 for it? This whole process was a pain in the ars and I wouldn't mind having an extra charger...guessing they throw the used ones in a pile for refurbs anyway?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

No problems here. Switched from an iPhone 5.

No problems with mine either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mine is on 4.2.2 and i found that when making calls my screen would vanish and leave me unable to end the call or do anything at all. Wasn't able to switch phone off either. Sort of overcame the problem by changing Accessibility in settings to make the power button end calls. Not perfect by any means but better than not being able to call anyone!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast