Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By willdogs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP !: Lost sim tray ejector

Ok, So I had the the sim tray ejector , used it to pop in my at&t sim card. Now, I am switching to t-mobile, and need to put in the t-mobile card and I cant find the ejector anywhere. I have tried a paper clip, iphone sim ejector etc and nothing will pop it out. Any suggestions ?

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Default Re: HELP !: Lost sim tray ejector

You should just need a long, thin piece of metal. Try a different paper clip, or take a needle and blunt the tip. If that doesn't work, I'd just take it in to a phone store and see if they can pop it out for you.

or a safety pin

Quote Originally Posted by tuukka87 View Post
    Ok, So I had the the sim tray ejector , used it to pop in my at&t sim card. Now, I am switching to t-mobile, and need to put in the t-mobile card and I cant find the ejector anywhere. I have tried a paper clip, iphone sim ejector etc and nothing will pop it out. Any suggestions ?
    A push pin or thin needle might do the trick?

paperclip should work, just push in a bit harder.
    paulw3 likes this.

I think a paper clip would be too big.

A pin or needle should work.

If you don't have anything, go to a department store and the men's department will have plenty for the taking in any dressing room from people trying on dress shirts. (Sorry if that sounds creepy, but it happened to occur to me. )
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

thanks for the responses, I will try them when I get home.

Go to Walmart and buy one of these for 3 bucks:
    Amazon.com: 4 Orapik Traveler Interdental Picks Dental Oral Care: Health & Personal Care

cut or file the very tip of them so they are not as sharp, and you now have two SIM tray ejectors that are big enough not to lose.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 

There are different sized paper clips (by wire gauge). IF it doesn't fit, find a smaller one.

Quote Originally Posted by tuukka87 View Post
    You've had a lot of suggestions. Unfortunately none of them work. Even a straight pin is too big. I tired paper clips of all sizes, sewing needles, pins of all kinds, and my Nexus 7 tool. And here's the distressing thing. LG doesn't have any of the OEM ones available. They make the hole so small nothing else fits and then can't supply. AT least they can tell you something. Google support for devices is limited to morons who can only tell you to send the whole thing back for replacement. They didn't even have a phone number for LG in case you need repair or parts. Google needs to rethink actually trying to handle the sale of devices on their own.

And now the good news. My wife had an earring that the back pin was small enough to work if you pushed it very hard into the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ocostich View Post
    You've had a lot of suggestions. Unfortunately none of them work. Even a straight pin is too big. I tired paper clips of all sizes, sewing needles, pins of all kinds, and my Nexus 7 tool. And here's the distressing thing. LG doesn't have any of the OEM ones available. They make the hole so small nothing else fits and then can't supply. [.....]
    I discovered a few weeks ago that I'd lost my ejector when I went to switch Straight Talk SIM from T-Mobile to AT&T.

I tried bending open a small safety pin I had, which I think came from my dry cleaner, then just jammed its point into hole. Worked great.

A straight pin would be even thinner than the safety pin I had, so not sure why one of those wouldn't work.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

When I first picked up my phone secondhand I discovered the SIM ejector was gone but by luck figured out that a mechanical pencil (had one in the glove box) worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I never even used the OEM one. Had a rubber coated paperclip, bit the coating off the end, used it do pop open my iPhone 4s sim tray, opened Nexus 4 tray, transfer, done, look into Nexus 4 box, oh look a sim tray ejector. Just left it in there because I like all original items with the box when I go to sell it.

So moral is paperclips do work, but as has been stated earlier come in different sizes (gauges). Better than a pin because it isn't sharp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,358 Global Posts

Paper clips are too big. I lost my SIM ejector a while back. I use a needle or a safety pin they work just fine.

Try a thumb tack.

A staple will work, too, after it's been straightened. I had to do that to open an iPhone SIM tray when my N4 SIM ejector was too short to do the job.

I just bought an HTC One M8 and used a pushpin. Worked like a charm.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Also back of an earring will work great.