N4 camera pics/flash issues

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Why does the N4's camera freeze up once in a while? Sometimes I take it out and just want to take a simple pic, but it doesn't want to take a shot. I have to hard boot the phone in order for the camera to work.

Last night I used my N4 to take pics at night. Instead of taking a picture the camera flash turned on and stayed on until i went to the home screen. At that point the flash turned off, but it still wouldn't take a picture.

lev.b

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problems. On the first, instead of restarting the phone, I restart the app - sometimes takes a few attempts - very frustrating. The flash issue hasn't come up too often - maybe because I don't take too many pics in the dark - but it did happen to me on Thursday.

I have searched these forums and Google, can't find an answer. Seriously considering returning the phone to T-Mo :(

Why does the N4's camera freeze up once in a while? Sometimes I take it out and just want to take a simple pic, but it doesn't want to take a shot. I have to hard boot the phone in order for the camera to work.

Last night I used my N4 to take pics at night. Instead of taking a picture the camera flash turned on and stayed on until i went to the home screen. At that point the flash turned off, but it still wouldn't take a picture.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problems. On the first, instead of restarting the phone, I restart the app - sometimes takes a few attempts - very frustrating. The flash issue hasn't come up too often - maybe because I don't take too many pics in the dark - but it did happen to me on Thursday.

I have searched these forums and Google, can't find an answer. Seriously considering returning the phone to T-Mo :(

Is it normal for the flash to come on and off while pressing the screen and focusing?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Another fix needed? They are piling up a bit for 4.2.2

I have a camera, camcorder and gallery app.. Not a dig on that one, I am just surprised it isn't there

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis