Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default N4 camera pics/flash issues

Why does the N4's camera freeze up once in a while? Sometimes I take it out and just want to take a simple pic, but it doesn't want to take a shot. I have to hard boot the phone in order for the camera to work.

Last night I used my N4 to take pics at night. Instead of taking a picture the camera flash turned on and stayed on until i went to the home screen. At that point the flash turned off, but it still wouldn't take a picture.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: N4 camera pics/flash issues

I have the same exact problems. On the first, instead of restarting the phone, I restart the app - sometimes takes a few attempts - very frustrating. The flash issue hasn't come up too often - maybe because I don't take too many pics in the dark - but it did happen to me on Thursday.

I have searched these forums and Google, can't find an answer. Seriously considering returning the phone to T-Mo

Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    Why does the N4's camera freeze up once in a while? Sometimes I take it out and just want to take a simple pic, but it doesn't want to take a shot. I have to hard boot the phone in order for the camera to work.

Last night I used my N4 to take pics at night. Instead of taking a picture the camera flash turned on and stayed on until i went to the home screen. At that point the flash turned off, but it still wouldn't take a picture.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by lev.b View Post
    I have the same exact problems. On the first, instead of restarting the phone, I restart the app - sometimes takes a few attempts - very frustrating. The flash issue hasn't come up too often - maybe because I don't take too many pics in the dark - but it did happen to me on Thursday.

I have searched these forums and Google, can't find an answer. Seriously considering returning the phone to T-Mo
    Is it normal for the flash to come on and off while pressing the screen and focusing?

ROM
    Stock 4.2.1

This never happened mabey its a hardware issue or something try resetting your phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DEVILDOG78965 View Post
    This never happened mabey its a hardware issue or something try resetting your phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    My N4 shut down once when it happened.

Never happened to me. I usually use CameraZOOMfx but the regular Camera app has never failed me.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    Never happened to me. I usually use CameraZOOMfx but the regular Camera app has never failed me.
    - - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot see the camera application in settings anywhere. I even looked under all applications.
    Thanked by:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot see the camera application in settings anywhere. I even looked under all applications.
    You mean there's no Camera app at all? Have you tried unlocking it just so it will reset? Really odd.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Oh yeah this happened to me where the led got stuck on. Hmmmm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

Not 100% positive, but I think the camera is actually part of the Gallery app.

has anyone noticed the brown tint when taking pictures inside with lighting? very disapointed in camera

Quote Originally Posted by accesschristopher View Post
    has anyone noticed the brown tint when taking pictures inside with lighting? very disapointed in camera
    It's the white balance detection, it'll be fixed in a software update (I hope), just set it manually and it'll be fine. Pain in the a** though I agree.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Another fix needed? They are piling up a bit for 4.2.2

I have a camera, camcorder and gallery app.. Not a dig on that one, I am just surprised it isn't there

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by peejay1977 View Post
    It's the white balance detection, it'll be fixed in a software update (I hope), just set it manually and it'll be fine. Pain in the a** though I agree.
    How do you manually?

Quote Originally Posted by accesschristopher View Post
    How do you manually?
    Press and hold on the focus ring when in the camera and its the bottom right option

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have also had my N4 freeze while in the camera app. Had to hard reboot.