Are you still hoping the order made on Nov. 13/27 ? Re-order it and N4 will be yours for 3 days

Tony K S Huang

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Same as many I order Nexus 4 on Nov. 27 and pending for 10 days.

On Dec. 5, Google allow order for 16GB but 5~6 weeks delivery. I re-order it and just wait for mail from Google. Next days after 19 hours I receive shipping mail and tracking # of UPS.

One Dec. 7, 1:30PM in Bell Gardens, Nexus 4 come to office. It only take less 72 hours to get Nexus 4 16GB. I already cancel the order of Nov. 27.

So, you can try your lucky, just re-order and cancel earlier order if you receive shipping mail of later order.

Attachments

• order3.png
    order3.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Google_Wallet-155347.jpg
    Google_Wallet-155347.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 527
  • cancel.png
    cancel.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 56
  • ups03.png
    ups03.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you still hoping the order made on Dec. 13/27 ? Re-order it and N4 will be yours for 3 days

How did you cancel your order? Google told me they won't cancel after an hour of the order being made.

Tony K S Huang

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Are you still hoping the order made on Dec. 13/27 ? Re-order it and N4 will be yours for 3 days

How did you cancel your order? Google told me they won't cancel after an hour of the order being made.

I don't know. After re-order on Dec. 5 and receive shipping mail with UPS tracking #, then I just click the Cancel button. After two hours I got this mail of of canceled order.

akashvani

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh very interesting. A lot of ppl say they can't cancel

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I had Nov 27 order for 8gb that had been in pending status. Today i cancelled that order and placed new order for 16gb. I was ambivalent about going with 8gb so finally decided to switch to 16gb version. Otherswise I would have waited till January. Not that desperate for the phone :) Oh well just have to somehow justify forking over additional 50 bucks for the toy :)
Here is how to cancel:
Go to your Wallet account and click on the order. In next page click on the Contact Google Inc link that appears right next to 'Have questions?' text. In the next page you can cancel your order. You will have to enter your order number there.

J_dedicto

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Umn, I advise against doing this. There was a short window where people who ordered got their deliveries sent right away, but now Google knows and fixed the glitch (or whatever you might call it). There are people talking about it in the 27th thread. The most recent orders have not gotten prompt deliveries, but rather are hanging with order confirmation but no delivery notice, as it should be.

BGTechie

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This is true. I ordered a 16 GB Nexus 4 on 12/11/2012 at 2:48 pm. I got an email the next day 12/12/2012 at 10:10 that it was shipped. A very pleasant surprise to say the least!

Tyler Solo

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So after like 15 days of waiting with "pending" on my order status, I got bored and sent them an email complaining about people ordering after me getting the device before me. They just charged my credit card and sent me this email (from a CSR)
"Hello Tyler,

Thanks for contacting Google Play. Rest assured we are working efficiently to make sure everyone receives their device in the quoted time frame. At this time I can't comment on a different customer order.

Regards,

Charlene
The Google Play Support Team"

Not sure if my complaining made them bump me up or if it just got their attention but they charged me so that means it shipped. Now I just gotta wait. And btw it says "Pre-ordered" instead of pending now.

Last edited:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
DON'T SUPPORT THIS. THIS IS JUST TAKING AWAY FROM THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN WAITING LONGER. I'm waiting for mine when i ordered and I'm not going to be an ass, yes you will be an ass if you do this, and steal the nexus 4 from those who still haven't even recieved who ordered on the 13th of november.
I REPEAT, DO NOT DO THIS.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, Its just being a horrible person doing this to those who have ordered prior.
Mean while in Australia, the Nexus 4 is still sold out.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I ordered on the 4th and i'm still waiting. When I read about people ordering the same day and getting tracking numbers, I was mad, but not at the people who ordered, but at Google. And since I've tried twice now at placing a second order and no luck either time.

The fact is this whole situation shouldn't exist anyway, people who want phones should be able to get them, so I can't blame people for using any exploit they can find. It's the era of cheap manufacturing, I had no idea this would be the relaunch of the ps2!

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

strider2

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This is true. I ordered a 16 GB Nexus 4 on 12/11/2012 at 2:48 pm. I got an email the next day 12/12/2012 at 10:10 that it was shipped. A very pleasant surprise to say the least!

I also ordered in the same date and time (12/11/12 around 3 PM)..Still nothing for me...status says 5-6 weeks ;(

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have tried this trick twice now, no luck. I'm just going to wait my turn, done worrying about it

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I ordered mine on 12/7/12, and has been stating "pending". I just checked it again and now it states "pre order". Not sure what that means, but I havent received an email yet. I did not cancel and reorder.

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday around 4:00pm EST I decided to order a Nexus 4 16GB. I fully expected to be waiting 6-7 weeks like the Play store said. Instead, I woke up this morning with an email from Google stating that the phone shipped. I don't know why some of these orders are going through immediately and others aren't. Very strange.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't get it, put an order in on the 4th, still waiting, put an order in on the 10th, 24 hours goes by, nothing, put an order in yesterday, let 28 hours go by, nothing. So I'm willing to bet I'm waiting regardless.

Overall I put my order in on the 4th fully expecting to wait till January and wish I had never known that some orders are going through right away, just has made me stress over it.

Doesn't help I hate my current phone too.

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered (from US, Washington DC) Nexus 4 (16GB) on 11th Dec. Just received an order confirmation mail, immediately after placing the order. Since then, No change in order status, No tracking details, No card charged, No phone yet. Waiting ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000