Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 182
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    I have no mods on my phone at all and I get 12 hours of light-medium use. I can average about 4.5 hours of screen time when surfing and probably just over 3.5 watching a video. If i'm streaming video it's barely over 3 hours. I'm on the t mobile 30 dollars 5GB, 100 minute, unlimited text plan btw. One key thing I do is go into settings > more > mobile networks and turn "use only 2G networks" on, if i'm absolutely not touching my phone or just texting (like if i'm at work). I've been able to get close to 36 hours by making sure i toggle that setting on when the phone is not in use at all. Typically i can make it through a day with no problem. My day is phone off charger at 6am to about 7pm when the phone is back on the charger.if i forget to put the 2G network setting on, i end up having to charge it around 2pm because of texting, HSPA/3G download/upload and using the faster network at lunch for an hour.
  2. #77  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    Well, yesterday I got about 3hrs on screen time but at the risk of my battery only lasting 9hrs by the time I hit 10%. Today, with light usage (Twitter, News Readers, Texts, Emails) im at 68% after 5h 33m 39s on Battery (Screen on is 1h 5m so far). I wouldn't say thats amazing, its pretty decent, wish I was getting the numbers you all are getting though. badbrad17 mentioned over night, he only lost 3%. Thats amazing, because when I put my phone off all night I lost maybe 10% which is good but not 3% great. I think how long your phone last overnight when its asleep is a good indicator of how long it'll last real world. When my Gs2 had battery issues (like lasting maybe 5-8hrs on a charge), itd go down maybe 30% over night or more. Oh well, guess this is the battery life i'll just have to live with without gutting my phone and rendering it useless by disabling every key aspect of it just to get an extra hour or so. I have 46 apps, so maybe i'll trim that down a bit and see how it goes.
    I don't have that many apps. Plus I am on wifi and have not activated Google Now. And I have gps off.

    My SGS2 would lose 40% overnight easily and could go down 25% within one hour of use.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  3. #78  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    My sgs2 skyrocket does well with battery life mind you I'm only on 4.1.2 but either way

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The so called Nexus 4 battery woes-uploadfromtaptalk1356634997751.jpg   The so called Nexus 4 battery woes-uploadfromtaptalk1356635005278.jpg  
  4. #79  
    Avenger's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    For those with bad battery, is your signal poor or inconsistent? It will kill your battery if it is always searching for or struggling to maintain a signal.
  5. #80  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    By mods I meant the kernels and stuff(I am new to this stuff so I am not sure about some of the terminology :P) I still have 4 days to exchange it, im not sure if my battery is defective+ or not. I have installed juice defender, turned off gps, turned off sync and get full bars 95% of the time. I got around 2.5 hours of screen time yesterday but I think that was because I had almost 2 hours of phone calls.
  6. #81  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga11 View Post
    By mods I meant the kernels and stuff(I am new to this stuff so I am not sure about some of the terminology :P) I still have 4 days to exchange it, im not sure if my battery is defective+ or not. I have installed juice defender, turned off gps, turned off sync and get full bars 95% of the time. I got around 2.5 hours of screen time yesterday but I think that was because I had almost 2 hours of phone calls.
    I'm running stock and juice defender on basic settings. 2 hours of phone calls would easily eat up some juice.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  7. #82  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    My sgs2 skyrocket does well with battery life mind you I'm only on 4.1.2 but either way

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    This is crazy. I could never dream of getting this on my SGS2 or N4 for that matter. Are you under clocking?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  8. #83  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    This is crazy. I could never dream of getting this on my SGS2 or N4 for that matter. Are you under clocking?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    No under clock running paranoid android. I use my phone a lot for browsing, email, taptalk, GBA emulator, texting, the big thing is knowing what you are doing I even have the fb app lol I know a lot of people complain about it. I never turn off sync my GPS I do turn off unless needed. I'm in an lte market. I make sure to exit apps properly and terminate them when I'm finished. I actually have done ROM development and am working on learning how to make my own apps.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #84  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    No under clock running paranoid android. I use my phone a lot for browsing, email, taptalk, GBA emulator, texting, the big thing is knowing what you are doing I even have the fb app lol I know a lot of people complain about it. I never turn off sync my GPS I do turn off unless needed. I'm in an lte market. I make sure to exit apps properly and terminate them when I'm finished. I actually have done ROM development and am working on learning how to make my own apps.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Seems like a lot of work. If you shut everything off every time you use your phone.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  10. #85  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Seems like a lot of work. If you shut everything off every time you use your phone.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    That's the thing I don't turn anything off. All I do is make sure I exit apps properly. I'm sure I wasn't very clear on my last post but literally all I do is make sure I exit and terminate the app. No battery saving apps as those cause wakelocks. No crazy sync controllers nothing I do nothing. I let android do the work. I have android tuner pro which helps me plot out usage patterns and helps me spot rouge apps, but I seldom have issues.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #86  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    That's the thing I don't turn anything off. All I do is make sure I exit apps properly. I'm sure I wasn't very clear on my last post but literally all I do is make sure I exit and terminate the app. No battery saving apps as those cause wakelocks. No crazy sync controllers nothing I do nothing. I let android do the work. I have android tuner pro which helps me plot out usage patterns and helps me spot rouge apps, but I seldom have issues.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    So you just hold down the apps list button and swipe the app to close it after you run it?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  12. #87  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Here's my stats from yesterday. I let it drain all the way down.
    The so called Nexus 4 battery woes-screenshot_2012-12-27-10-34-51.png
    The so called Nexus 4 battery woes-screenshot_2012-12-27-10-34-57.png
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  13. #88  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Here's my stats from yesterday. I let it drain all the way down.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-27-10-34-51.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	54674
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-27-10-34-57.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	54675
    My word, that is terrific. Can you describe your use and setup briefly?
  14. #89  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    My word, that is terrific. Can you describe your use and setup briefly?
    I'm stock. I am on wifi most of the time. I shut things down when I can. I have turned off any syncing I don't need and GPS but I am not sure that makes a difference. I am really doing the same thing I did on my SGS2 but am getting pretty much double the battery. I have been living in battery hell for years so this has been a shock for me. I use my phone constantly.

    A couple of things that may have helped or might be useless:

    When I got the phone I updated to 4.2.1 then I did a factory reset. I'm not sure why, I just heard it may help.

    Then on day two after a full charge I ran the battery calibration app. Since then I've been golden.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  15. #90  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Welp, I tried. I really tried. Ran it all the way down to 1%. I feel like I could maybe, just MAYBE squeeze out 16hrs and 4hrs screen on time out of this thing if I keep my use simple. Meaning, no games or videos or anything like that. Just social networks, calls, texts, emails, and light browsing. But today, with a bit og gaming, social networking and other jazz, this is all I could manage. This is pretty good though. I was on wifi all day so maybe that impacted it. I'd like to see how this would look on a day where im out all day with no wifi. Not sure if itd be better or worse, but im interested in trying it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The so called Nexus 4 battery woes-2012-12-27-21.35.50.png   The so called Nexus 4 battery woes-2012-12-27-21.35.57.png  
  16. #91  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    Welp, I tried. I really tried. Ran it all the way down to 1%. I feel like I could maybe, just MAYBE squeeze out 16hrs and 4hrs screen on time out of this thing if I keep my use simple. Meaning, no games or videos or anything like that. Just social networks, calls, texts, emails, and light browsing. But today, with a bit og gaming, social networking and other jazz, this is all I could manage. This is pretty good though. I was on wifi all day so maybe that impacted it. I'd like to see how this would look on a day where im out all day with no wifi. Not sure if itd be better or worse, but im interested in trying it.
    I would be happy with that compared to what I used to get. I also bought a portable Anker battery for times when I can't find a charger and that thing charges super fast. Worth checking out.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  17. #92  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    So you just hold down the apps list button and swipe the app to close it after you run it?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Always use the apps exit option first if it has one, but yes exactly. I'm not sure what else I could be doing that helps.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  18. #93  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I'm stock. I am on wifi most of the time. I shut things down when I can. I have turned off any syncing I don't need and GPS but I am not sure that makes a difference. I am really doing the same thing I did on my SGS2 but am getting pretty much double the battery. I have been living in battery hell for years so this has been a shock for me. I use my phone constantly.

    A couple of things that may have helped or might be useless:

    When I got the phone I updated to 4.2.1 then I did a factory reset. I'm not sure why, I just heard it may help.

    Then on day two after a full charge I ran the battery calibration app. Since then I've been golden.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Say I have Twitter sync every 15min, Facebook and Email every half hour, spend 15-30 minutes for phone calls, and send 100 texts, with casual Internet browsing and *usually* on Wi-Fi... Would you describe that as more, less, and about the same as you used your device? I know that's not super scientific, just looking at your roughest estimate. That's about normal for me, it'll give me a loose idea how we compare to one another (as I endlessly wait for mine to ship).
  19. #94  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    I notice that android OS uses a lot of battery. If I have the phone charged 100% before I go to bed, I'll wake up and it'll be down to 85% without even doing anything. I
    Battery stats show android OS chewing most if the battery. I don't know what's wrong with it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #95  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Say I have Twitter sync every 15min, Facebook and Email every half hour, spend 15-30 minutes for phone calls, and send 100 texts, with casual Internet browsing and *usually* on Wi-Fi... Would you describe that as more, less, and about the same as you used your device? I know that's not super scientific, just looking at your roughest estimate. That's about normal for me, it'll give me a loose idea how we compare to one another (as I endlessly wait for mine to ship).
    I'm not on twitter but I spend a good hour or so on AC so we're even. Other than that we would be close. I may not send 100 texts but I would think that texting probably wouldn't be huge.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  21. #96  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    I notice that android OS uses a lot of battery. If I have the phone charged 100% before I go to bed, I'll wake up and it'll be down to 85% without even doing anything. I
    Battery stats show android OS chewing most if the battery. I don't know what's wrong with it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Turn everything off other than wifi and see how you are then.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  22. #97  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    I notice that android OS uses a lot of battery. If I have the phone charged 100% before I go to bed, I'll wake up and it'll be down to 85% without even doing anything. I
    Battery stats show android OS chewing most if the battery. I don't know what's wrong with it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Over night, in the 5 and a half hours I was asleep and my phone was on a 100%, it went down about 8% with no use at all. Android OS was the main consumer, but I don't think its the problem. During regular use, Android OS is one of the least of my battery consumers.
  23. #98  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Say I have Twitter sync every 15min, Facebook and Email every half hour, spend 15-30 minutes for phone calls, and send 100 texts, with casual Internet browsing and *usually* on Wi-Fi... Would you describe that as more, less, and about the same as you used your device? I know that's not super scientific, just looking at your roughest estimate. That's about normal for me, it'll give me a loose idea how we compare to one another (as I endlessly wait for mine to ship).
    Is there a reason you have Twitter syncing every 15 minutes? I reckon if you change the sync rate (I have it on 30mins) it'll help your battery because it will poll less. Facebook I have syncing every 4hours (I use Facebook less and less though). Everything else you said sounds about what I would do too. 12 or 13hrs is the most I've gotten from this phone but im sure it can do better.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    It's the screen - the glorious, beautiful screen that we love so much really is the battery killer. Mine is on the lowest possible illumination, plain wallpaper (not LWP) but the minute it turns on you can see the battery level flowing away more than any other device I've ever worked with If only it could last like the N7...

    Sent from my lovely Nexus 7
  25. #100  

    Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

    I'm stock too. Recently I ran the GLbenchmark 2.5 battery test and since then my battery has impressively improved. Don't know if it's a coincidence or what but now I get about 4 hour of screen time compared to 2.5 to 3 and quarter hrs. I mix between mobile data and wifi. My battery drops much slowly now and can go 24 hours+ without charge.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody get the so called OTA update for ICS?
    By vickery1956 in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 12:14 AM
  2. Aluminum battery door for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus (i515)
    By Linebarrel86 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 03:38 AM
  3. So is this the official new Nexus phone?
    By AllenRulz in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
  4. Will the Samsung Epic 4G battery fit the Samsung Nexus S?
    By KillerQ in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM
  5. The so called "Web Cam?"
    By RealFnCool in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

B