Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I can easily get 4 to 5 hours of screen time. Are you on data a lot? On wifi it goes a lot longer. I also am running juice defender and still toggle a little bit as needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile data most of the time, and I usually get full bars. The new phone just seems to have better battery life. Could be a placebo effect, but I doubt it. I am very pleased with my Nexus 4 now that I have a better unit thanks to the RMA.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #177  

Have to say, CyanogenMod 10.1 with the Franco Kernel is noticeably better on battery life than the stock ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Haii everyone. On my Nexus 4, the Google Play Store app, Gallery, and Google Search apps have been always running. Does anyone know how to close them? (They're not "running", as in I checked the multitasking thingy and they don't appear. But apparently, they're using battery.). I want to improve battery life, so I want to close those applications. Can anyone please help? Thanks. .

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by bobsacomano View Post
    Mobile data most of the time, and I usually get full bars. The new phone just seems to have better battery life. Could be a placebo effect, but I doubt it. I am very pleased with my Nexus 4 now that I have a better unit thanks to the RMA.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    that would be why. I'm on wifi most of the time which helps. Glad it worked out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I can't help but think that the "battery industry" should get their act together because there's been little or no innovation for years. I appreciate all tips and tricks to preserve the battery but it's dreadful when you think that your device will die in 3 h if you use it properly to full extent. Also I don't quite understand why LG / Google could not fit bigger battery, they are not that big anyway. I personally wouldn't mind slightly thicker size so that I don't have to constantly worry about the juice. It actually applies to all phones not just nexus, well maybe except RAZR maxx

I love this post like its my own. I love android, but hate the struggles along with it. (My love is obviously greater) I monitor my battery usage almost everyday as it has become a habit but I also update my cyanogenmod nightly a couple times a week. There are a lot of little settings like the one you showed that can make the world of a difference. Something I just noticed that brought me to this forum was that my Samsung Galaxy Nexus's battery has a couple indents. I have seen bumps but not indents. I am probably going to buy a new battery as I dont want this to happen while I am sleeping one night:

Is my battery normal ?
    Stock ROM, Unrooted, Wifi, No 3G/4G.

Thanks
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678