The so called Nexus 4 battery woes

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason you have Twitter syncing every 15 minutes?

...because I'm a Twitter junkie lol. I know what you mean about Facebook, I'm hardly on it, I just have it syncing so often since a fair amount of friends use much more frequently than I to communicate, etc.

What do you average for on screen time?

EDIT: I'm also not super concerned with battery life. Would I like 20+ hours and 4+ hours on screen time? Absolutely. But I prefer to not inconvenience myself just for the sake of delaying the inevitable charge a short while longer. If I have to charge it a bit more, then so be it. I'm usually also able to have my devices charging if need be.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Have to say I surpassed myself yesterday, managed 30hours with still a few percent of charge, nearly 4 hours screen time. Everything turned on, no voice calls I must confess but plenty of browsing, emailing, Facebooking etc and always on WiFi. I'm adamant being on the cellular network especially if the signal is poor is one of the biggest drains.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I also want to say it wouldn't shock me if some batteries were just plain better than others; could almost go so far as to say defective.

The disparity is so vast between every reviewer and consumer it makes you wonder if something could indeed be faulty here.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
...because I'm a Twitter junkie lol. I know what you mean about Facebook, I'm hardly on it, I just have it syncing so often since a fair amount of friends use much more frequently than I to communicate, etc.

What do you average for on screen time?

Average screen on time I get is 2.5 hours with around 12 hours total.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I also want to say it wouldn't shock me if some batteries were just plain better than others; could almost go so far as to say defective.

The disparity is so vast between every reviewer and consumer it makes you wonder if something could indeed be faulty here.
I agree.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask whether this is with mobile data on or off?

Sent from my Nexus 4

On, I went to London on the train recently and the signal was in and out constantly and it absolutely killed the battery. Used to do the same on my iPhone too.

Bazinga11

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery is weird, sometimes it stays at a percentage for a bit and I think its finally stable. Then it goes does down like 3-5% in a few seconds while im just on the home screen. I ordered a replacement today, hopefully it doesn't have the same problem.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you think it'd make much of a difference with mobile data turned off?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Possibly, but I think its more likely to be the radio going from full signal full 3G to no signal, to partial signal burn only 2G and so on and so forth. I always found on my iPhone if I was travelling to London it was better to force it onto 2G that way it didn't keep messing about constantly, the battery was better and the signal stayed more constant. Even if the data speed was a lot slower.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I turned on Google now for the first time yesterday and noticed a significant difference in battery drain. You may want to try turning that off if you are not using it

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I turned on Google now for the first time yesterday and noticed a significant difference in battery drain. You may want to try turning that off if you are not using it

Dude I dunno why you guys have to sacrifice so many features to get decent life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Dude I dunno why you guys have to sacrifice so many features to get decent life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
I have had great battery. I just noticed that GNow used more so I am just trying to help people who haven't been able to get what I have.

PhilSterBoy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just installed juice defender ultimate and turned off the map setting. Hopefully I see an increase

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed Juice Defender but even on the most conservative setting it was disabling mobile data while I was out so I missed emails and push notifications. Decided I could do a better job myself lol

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100%, Apps are the major cause of battery drain IMHO. Some people are App collectors, dumping one App after another regardless of whether they are really needed or even used. My personal criteria is any App going on my phone must be something That I'll actually use at least 3-4 times per month. A lot of times I look to see if I can access the same function of an App by going thru the Web browser then setting a book mark. Such as I won't use Fandango App on my phone but use Google search for a book mark to my local theater or go directly to Fandango Web Site.

andrewppurdy

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree that the battery gets better with time. But as well as this I have turned something's off, for example I struggle to get a HSDPA + connection so I have limited it to edge. As well the screen is on about 15%. No battery monitoring is installed.
These are photos from over two days.
Day :1
uploadfromtaptalk1356909341927.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1356909383342.jpg

Day 2:
uploadfromtaptalk1356909483799.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1356909508113.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1356909508113.jpg
For both days I have listened to a lot of music, streamed BBC iPlayer and YouTube as well as check Google plus.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX