1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!

ROM
    CM10|Stk/CM10.1|4.1 AOSP

Default In Preparation.

So, the two Nexus 4s I ordered on Thursday and just saw now that they shipped on Friday from Louisville, KY and should arrive here in Brooklyn on Monday. My monthly pay with VM just ended up on Friday which is actually really convenient timing. I'm planning on using mine on TMobile's 30 dollar a month HSPA+ 5GB Plan and would like to know exactly what to do with it.
    What APN/Proxy settings do I need and how do I add them?
    Can I just go to my local TMobile store and ask them to set it up?
    Do I need to buy a sim online, wait for it to ship, and then set it up?
    Can I buy a SIM at the store and have them set it up or just take it home and set it up?
    If I have to set it up myself, can I pick my phone number from the list or keep my old number?
    Happy Nexus 4 User

Default Re: In Preparation.

You should be able to port most numbers in. You can do it later too.

If you are close to a store, you could just bring it in and have them do it. While you are there, have them set up your caller ID to work for outgoing calls too. Think of everything you need beforehand and have them do it all! THis is what you are spending your money for.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!

ROM
    CM10|Stk/CM10.1|4.1 AOSP

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    You should be able to port most numbers in. You can do it later too.

If you are close to a store, you could just bring it in and have them do it. While you are there, have them set up your caller ID to work for outgoing calls too. Think of everything you need beforehand and have them do it all! THis is what you are spending your money for.
    yeah, I just heard soimeplaces that sometiems in store they wont activate that specific plan for you
    Happy Nexus 4 User

It is only an online or Walmart plan. Walmart employees can do it, but some have been turned away claiming that you have to buy the phone there to sign up. (Of course, that leaves the option to just buy a cheapo prepaid phone, then move the sim to your Nexus 4).

The better option is to order the sim online from t-mobile. It's 99 cents, and has free 2-day shipping (at least did when I ordered), and even comes with $3.34 credit. Of course, this really should be done before you get your phone so you have it waiting... but too late for that, I guess. If you have a Walmart in your area, you might just opt to go there Monday and see what they say.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!

ROM
    CM10|Stk/CM10.1|4.1 AOSP

Nearest Walmart is 40 minutes away in Westbury LI. I heard SOME stores activate it for them though. Maybe I should call them and ask?
    Happy Nexus 4 User

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I have this plan on my own Nexus 4 here in NYC. Don't worry about Walmart. There aren't any in NYC. Either head down to your closest Tmobile store and get a SIM from there or buy it online for 99 cents.

Then set up the $30 plan online. You can only get this plan online or from a Walmart store.

So get your SIM, and go online and set up the plan. Takes less than 5 minutes.

And yes, you can port your current number over but it might take a few days.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!

ROM
    CM10|Stk/CM10.1|4.1 AOSP

C: Awesome. yeah, I know about the Walmart situation. Like I said, the only one is in Long Island which is a pain in the ***.
    Alright, I'll just buy a sim kit from the TMo store 4 blocks away and come back home and install it after school C:

- - - Updated - - -

C: Awesome. yeah, I know about the Walmart situation. Like I said, the only one is in Long Island which is a pain in the ***.
    Alright, I'll just buy a sim kit from the TMo store 4 blocks away and come back home and install it after school C:

- - - Updated - - -

Happy Nexus 4 User