Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Accessing Google Now Settings?

I was reading the instruction manual for the Nexus 4, and it was talking about accessing the Google Now settings. I can't seem to find it. From the homescreen, I've swiped up at the white Google circle, and it does open up Google. From there, I open the menu, but I can't find any settings related to Google Now. Do you guys have Google Now options on your Nexus 4 phones?

Default Re: Accessing Google Now Settings?

All I can think of is the show sample cards button. When you are in there you can change the settings if each card or turn each one off completely

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pawnageinc View Post
    I was reading the instruction manual for the Nexus 4, and it was talking about accessing the Google Now settings. I can't seem to find it. From the homescreen, I've swiped up at the white Google circle, and it does open up Google. From there, I open the menu, but I can't find any settings related to Google Now. Do you guys have Google Now options on your Nexus 4 phones?
    It's within the settings that are found by pressing the menu button in the bottom right corner. See attached.

Accessing Google Now Settings?-uploadfromtaptalk1355031352170.jpg
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Edit: I figured out part of the problem. There was a manual update for Google Search that I didn't do. However, now I see that "Google Now is turned off for your domain. Your admin may be able to turn it on." This is due to the fact that I'm signed in through my university. Is there anything I can do to circumvent this?

---
    I feel like my screen looks different from yours. I've attached screeshots showing step by step what I see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Accessing Google Now Settings?-screenshot_2012-12-08-23-39-21.png   Accessing Google Now Settings?-screenshot_2012-12-08-23-39-38.png   Accessing Google Now Settings?-screenshot_2012-12-08-23-41-01.png   Accessing Google Now Settings?-screenshot_2012-12-08-23-41-07.png   Accessing Google Now Settings?-screenshot_2012-12-08-23-41-32.png  

Last edited by pawnageinc; 12-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.

#update

Yes you are in the right area there should be an option called Google Now but it appears to not be in your list.

Most likely your domain is blocking ports to Google now servers or its not in their proxy.

I'd advise not using the university's services or speak to head of IT.

They will have a special proxy server You can use whilst on their network to prevent this from happening.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pawnageinc View Post
    Edit: I figured out part of the problem. There was a manual update for Google Search that I didn't do. However, now I see that "Google Now is turned off for your domain. Your admin may be able to turn it on." This is due to the fact that I'm signed in through my university. Is there anything I can do to circumvent this?

---
    I feel like my screen looks different from yours. I've attached screeshots showing step by step what I see.
    So it sounds like your primary account in use on your phone is one that is through Google Apps? They (the University) have the ability to block any services through the admin console. As a Google Apps user and admin, I know this first hand. You know anyone in IT that can take a look?

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answ...answer=1408902
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Ock is correct .

The problem is your primary account in use on your phone. Its a University Account not your own private account.
    My wife had the same problem, she entered her University Gmail account first and that became the default to use with Google Now, which didn't allow access.

If you don't already have a private Google Email account set one up first.
    Then bring up Google Now by swiping upwards from the bottom of your phone.
    Then go to the limited list of Google Now Setting options.
    Select Settings
    Select Privacy & Accounts
    Select Google Account and change it to a Google account that you own rather than one owned and controlled by the University.
    Google Now will then become available to you.

I have the same problem but its my account