Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4, Google Wallet & T Mobile

I had a hard time getting fine to work. I ended up calling Google and they told me it is a known issue they are working on that will be resolved in an update. They proceeded to tell me that if I continued trying to setup Google wallet it would eventually work. They were right but it took a lot of trying.

I have used Google Wallet 52 times on T-Mobile since April 28, 2012. My last use was Jan 16, 2013. I have had no problems. All usage on Google Nexus i9250.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hyde View Post
    I have used Google Wallet 52 times on T-Mobile since April 28, 2012. My last use was Jan 16, 2013. I have had no problems. All usage on Google Nexus i9250.
    I have used it flawlessly on my Galaxy Nexus and then my Nexus 4 since August 2012. Only problems have been when the register thing didn't work (confirmed with cashiers, who have told me which ones work with those debit cards that you tap to pay).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I have been testing out T-Mobile (while I decide if I want to ditch at&t) and Wallet was flakey for a few days, but since Wednesday has been working flawlessly.

I am unsure if T-Mobile was the culprit or not but whatever changed on Wednesday fixed the issue and I have paid 5 times with my Nexus 4 since Wednesday with no issue.

McDonald's seems to be the best place to use Google Wallet, but the last two attempts failed (but that was before Wednesday). It worked flawlessly with at&t so I am curious if it will work now. I did notice that T-Mobile had poor signal at the MCD in question, so that might also play a roll.

One other DATA point, I was told by the T-Mobile rep (who drooled over my Nexus 4) that it seemed some SIM cards seemed to work better than others. He further explained that full sized SIM cards cut down to micro sized worked better than micro sim cards from the factory (no idea if that is accurate or not)

Dan

After two unsuccessful attempts at my local CVS (same register both times), my Wallet finally worked at another register in the same store. The clerk had no idea one way or the other as to whether the PayPass was working when I asked. She had never seen anyone use it before. Needless to say, my using my phone created some excitement. Same for the Hess gas station. Too bad I actually have to go in to use it, rather than paying at the pump. It adds more time, but I do it just for the thrill.

(non-rooted, stock N4, regular micro-SIM rather than a cut-down one)

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    I have been testing out T-Mobile (while I decide if I want to ditch at&t) and Wallet was flakey for a few days, but since Wednesday has been working flawlessly.

I am unsure if T-Mobile was the culprit or not but whatever changed on Wednesday fixed the issue and I have paid 5 times with my Nexus 4 since Wednesday with no issue.

McDonald's seems to be the best place to use Google Wallet, but the last two attempts failed (but that was before Wednesday). It worked flawlessly with at&t so I am curious if it will work now. I did notice that T-Mobile had poor signal at the MCD in question, so that might also play a roll.

One other DATA point, I was told by the T-Mobile rep (who drooled over my Nexus 4) that it seemed some SIM cards seemed to work better than others. He further explained that full sized SIM cards cut down to micro sized worked better than micro sim cards from the factory (no idea if that is accurate or not)

Dan
    I have a mini SIM that was cut and my Wallet still doesn't work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I have no answer (of any useful nature unfortunately), other than to say it is possible to use T-Mobile and Google Wallet.

Dan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12