Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Closing all open apps. Is there a way to do this instead of swiping each app?

Closing all open apps. Is there a way to do this instead of swiping each app?

Read the manual and unless I missed it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Closing all open apps. Is there a way to do this instead of swiping each app?

there isnt a built in function like the SGS3? Huh, thats weird.

Anyway, it really isnt necessary. Android really does a goo job of managing memory in total. I only use the swipe on mine a couple of times a day. If I remember right, android pretty much puts the app in total sleep and will kill it if it needs the memory.

Default Re: Closing all open apps. Is there a way to do this instead of swiping each app?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    there isnt a built in function like the SGS3? Huh, thats weird.

Anyway, it really isnt necessary. Android really does a goo job of managing memory in total. I only use the swipe on mine a couple of times a day. If I remember right, android pretty much puts the app in total sleep and will kill it if it needs the memory.
    Some apps are stupid and they needs to be closed properly using in-app exit button or swipe them to close it from multi-tasking screen otherwise they would continue to run. I have found some games doing that.

Swiping apps off the multi task screen doesn't kill the app... Just clears the clutter on the screen. I wouldn't worry about the apps. Android does the job fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2