Empty Home Screen Pages

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How do i remove the empty home screen pages? I've checked the setting everywhere i can find, tried Googling it. They are annoying to myself.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can't without rooting or a third party application. I don't find it annoying myself but hey, it's just my opinion. The applications button has just enough pages for your applications which is nicethough

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hrmm, I know on my S3 I can pinch to zoom from any one of the screens and essentially just select one, and toss it out. I guess stock Android is different.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hrmm, I know on my S3 I can pinch to zoom from any one of the screens and essentially just select one, and toss it out. I guess stock Android is different.

I tried that after i was fiddling with a S3 earlier today.

Don't feel like rooting or going through the extra trouble atm. Guess i will live with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Daniel Cuadra

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I "found" the way to do it.

1) Press the "Home" key so you can see the home page (any home page, it doesn't matter)
2) Press the "Option" key
- On the context menu, click on "Edit page" menu item
* All your home pages will appear in a thumbnail mode.
3) Drag and drop the empty home pages to the Garbage icon (the home page you drag must contain no widgets at all)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I "found" the way to do it.

1) Press the "Home" key so you can see the home page (any home page, it doesn't matter)
2) Press the "Option" key
- On the context menu, click on "Edit page" menu item
* All your home pages will appear in a thumbnail mode.
3) Drag and drop the empty home pages to the Garbage icon (the home page you drag must contain no widgets at all)

I am intrigued...

So, what do you mean when referring to the "Option key"? When on a Home screen, I don't see any control which will get me into a context menu...

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried that after i was fiddling with a S3 earlier today.

Don't feel like rooting or going through the extra trouble atm. Guess i will live with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Here's another way to do it: install Nova Launcher. You can make it resemble stock completely with minimal effort and never know it's there beyond being able to tweak things to your liking, like removing empty home pages.

Deron Bowry

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If you place your thumbs in opposite corners, then slide together all your home screens should pop up. Then just press and hold the one you would like to discard and the option to delete should come up. Press remove and your done.

Your welcome

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You cant remove or add homescreens on the stock launcher..

You dont have to root just to be able to add or remove homescreens

All you have to do is download apex, nova (most like stock) or any launcher of your choosing and you will be able to change these things. The launchers will have no increased effect on your battery and they are free.. So I would highly recommend them with the other extra options they also provide you.