1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus won't charge more than 95%

Anyone else experience this? Is it gsam messing up the numbers or what? This is the first time and I've had the phone almost 3 weeks now

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Nexus won't charge more than 95%

I don't have this issue

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Probably not an issue, I think your battery calibration is off.
    This is fixed by running the battery down to 0% and then charging it all the way to 100% or getting an app off the play store that will calibrate it (forgot the name)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It got there in the end. Took an hour for the last 5%

Mine stops at 99%, and then just sits there forever, with 'charging', unplugging and replugging brings it to 100% charged. Really bugs me out, although it does not really matter.. I did factory reset but same. tried with different chargers as well. before factory reset it also stalled at different random intervals and the battery graph flatlined, and then went on downwards. So probably some calibration issues
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I am not sure what it is, my ipod charges 100% then take it off the charger it then drops down to 95%, so this may be a common thing with charging electronics or it may be a defect not only in the N4.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I see a battery calibrate app but does it have any chance of making my battery worse?

It won't "ruin" your battery but it could change the estimates for the better or the worse, its an educated risk your going to have to decide.
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «

Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    I see a battery calibrate app but does it have any chance of making my battery worse?

I heard draining your batter your 0% was worse for your battery but I'm not sure about a battery callibration, I don't think so

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Read this long time a go on the enemy website.Rechargeable lithium-based technology currently provides the best performance for your Apple notebook computer, iPod, iPhone, or iPad. You can also find this standard battery technology in many other devices. Apple batteries share the characteristics common to lithium-based technology in other devices. Like other rechargeable batteries, these batteries may eventually require replacement.

Standard Technology
    Lithium-ion polymer batteries have a high power density that gives you a long battery life in a light package. And you can recharge a lithium-ion polymer battery whenever convenient, without requiring a full charge or discharge cycle.

Standard Charging
    Most lithium-ion polymer batteries use a fast charge to charge your device to 80% battery capacity, then switch to trickle charging. That’s about two hours of charge time to power an iPod to 80% capacity, then another two hours to fully charge it, if you are not using the iPod while charging. You can charge all lithium-ion batteries a large but finite number of times, as defined by charge cycle.

Charge Cycle. Using and recharging 100% of battery capacity equals one full charge cycle.
    A charge cycle means using all of the battery’s power, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge. For instance, you could listen to your iPod for a few hours one day, using half its power, and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so you may take several days to complete a cycle. Each time you complete a charge cycle, it diminishes battery capacity slightly, but you can put notebook, iPod, and iPhone batteries through many charge cycles before they will only hold 80% of original battery capacity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus won't charge more than 95%-chargechart_20090106.gif  

Lithium Ion batteries can actually last longer (before their capacity starts to degrade) if they aren't constantly kept 100% charged. Therefore, stopping at 95% isn't necessarily a bad thing for the long term life of the battery. It may even be intentional.

I would let the phone manage the battery itself as long as it isn't doing something completely ridiculous.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yea I think whatever it did yesterday when it was doing this had an affect on my battery life. For the better though.

Quote Originally Posted by jim302 View Post
    Lithium Ion batteries can actually last longer (before their capacity starts to degrade) if they aren't constantly kept 100% charged. Therefore, stopping at 95% isn't necessarily a bad thing for the long term life of the battery. It may even be intentional.

I would let the phone manage the battery itself as long as it isn't doing something completely ridiculous.
    Also overcharging a phone is never a good thing. It could damage the battery