Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default How is it possible...

...that there is still no easy way to get app data from one device to another? This seems like a no brainer. Why doesn't it save to the play store? Or at least save in a place I can access it? Do I really have to root my old EVO and my new Nexus 4 to get my level completions from all my games? On top of that I haven't seen any indication that the data from a gingerbread phone will even work on a JB phone. Can anyone please prove me wrong and tell me there's a way?

Default Re: How is it possible...

I don't know if it will cover all of your needs, but you can try something like MyBackup Pro to back up everything to an online location and then restore it on to your new device.

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

agreed, one thing i do like about the iphone is the restoration. i had to reset my brother's iphone once for him. after the reset, it just restored his phone to the same phone before, it knows all the app that it had, settings it was using, and icon position. this is something i hate about resetting my phone, or getting new phone, usually take all day to set it up again to the way i want. google already does this to the chrome browser and chromebook, they need to set this feature for android too.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    I don't know if it will cover all of your needs, but you can try something like MyBackup Pro to back up everything to an online location and then restore it on to your new device.
    Does this work without root? Even still, I have to pay 3.99 to get this done? I know its not a lot of money but come on... How much is the game time sink worth to me I guess right?

Quote Originally Posted by grant3d View Post
    Does this work without root? Even still, I have to pay 3.99 to get this done? I know its not a lot of money but come on... How much is the game time sink worth to me I guess right?
    Root is required - without root it only backs up the app, not the app data.

Quote Originally Posted by grant3d View Post
    People on this forum actually use their phones without root? LIke as in..You're still running sense? LOL Yuck!