This takes forever!

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing really slow charging times? I understand this device is extremely powerful but when I had it plugged into my computer it seems to not charge it all and when I was using it it wouldn't even be able to charge it enough to prevent it from draining. Even when it's plugged into the wall it's still feels like it charges extremely slow it seems like it's only 30 percent every 2 hours.

Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing really slow charging times? I understand this device is extremely powerful but when I had it plugged into my computer it seems to not charge it all and when I was using it it wouldn't even be able to charge it enough to prevent it from draining. Even when it's plugged into the wall it's still feels like it charges extremely slow it seems like it's only 30 percent every 2 hours.

Anyone else?

Are you using the adaptor that came with the phone, or a different one?

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well USb is a slower charge than the wall but that sounds really slow. Does the battery drain correctly? Is the screen on when you are charging?

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just spoiled coming from an iPhone. I could just be looking at this gorgeous piece of hardware more often so I'm more conscious of it. It would be interesting to see a test of charge times though.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges hella quick! Never actually timed it when plugged into the wall, but today it went from 19 to 100 in under 3 hours. That was charging it with one of those battery things

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah with my s3 I can go from zero to 100 in about three hours which seems about right for the various phones I have had and deal with.

Can't tell you iPhone times because I only get to touch that one when I have to fix it.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine charges hella quick! Never actually timed it when plugged into the wall, but today it went from 19 to 100 in under 3 hours. That was charging it with one of those battery things

Sent from my Nexus 4

Really? Thinking back to today I went from 30 percent to mid 60s in just under 3 hours. I hope nothing is wrong...

Xelion

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've wall charged mine only (except for when I unlocked the bootloader) and it goes really fast. 30-100 percent in like 2-3 hours.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Try a different wall socket with some of mine its a bit dicky with all usages.
For the pc, I know if my pc is under x battery it cuts the usb ports off or restricts charging to save battery life.

AppsLasVegas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
USB charging is usually much slower than wall due to less mA. However when you have screen on or wireless tethering on, this is going to drastically reduce charging speed.
On my Galaxy S2 wifi tethering and screen off charging from USB, it maintains battery power but does not increase. When I plug it into the wall while wifi tethering then it will very slowly start to charge. A base comparison would be to restart the device and plug into a 5V/900mA wall charger.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed this but then again I charge it at night while I'm sleeping. In my experience charging from the wall has always been faster than charging from my laptop USB.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, seriously, I'm concerned by phone doesn't charge correctly. I have killed all the apps. I have juice defender on. I have the phone's screen off. I have it plugged into the USB 3.0 of my macbook pro, that is also plugged into the power cord. AND it's still losing battery. What is going on?! It held a pretty good charge most of the day. I decided to give it a charge around 4pm (26%) so it would have good enough charge to last me the rest of the night with all my playing. But it wouldn't even charge (went from 26% to 31% then back down to 24%). I'm doing homework right now so I'm not even playing with it all that much. Thoughts?

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah with my s3 I can go from zero to 100 in about three hours which seems about right for the various phones I have had and deal with.

Can't tell you iPhone times because I only get to touch that one when I have to fix it.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Thats a LONG ass time! 3 hours! My note 1 battery is done in an hour to hour and a half tops from about 25%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463