Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone insurance?

Waiting on my NX4-16GB from Google, going to use it on Tmobile who is my provider. With all the terrible glass breakage, my first inclination is Get Insurance! On the phone from Tmobile when I register the phone. I'm curious why it seems the stories I hear about glass breakage, I never hear about phone insurance. My iBlason cover is here and awaiting my Clarivue front and rear screen protectors. As you can see I'm learning from this forum and going nuclear in prevention! LOL

Default Re: phone insurance?

Oh, because you didn't search.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

I activated my N4 on T-Mobile and the rep offered me insurance through them for $7.99 a month. I asked him how they could offer insurance on a phone I didn't buy from them and he said since the device was brand new (was still in the box) and since they sell that particular phone, they are authorized to offer insurance on the device.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by:

Considering the monthly premiums and the deductible you'll likely have to pay, I don't think it's worth buying insurance on a $300 phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Considering the monthly premiums and the deductible you'll likely have to pay, I don't think it's worth buying insurance on a $300 phone.
    Holy Sweet Potato! I think ur right, I looked at Square Trade and they state,,, Coverage is valid for new smartphones purchased in the last 30 days.
    A $99 deductible applies to all claims., plus if you buy upfront, $125 for insurance! For a $299 phone, forget that rip off!
    The Practical BBQ'r !

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    Holy Sweet Potato! I think ur right, I looked at Square Trade and they state,,, Coverage is valid for new smartphones purchased in the last 30 days.
    A $99 deductible applies to all claims., plus if you buy upfront, $125 for insurance! For a $299 phone, forget that rip off!
    Not sure which Square Trade policy you were looking at, but I just bought one through amazon, covers phones valued at 300-400, $50 deductible, all hazards (kids not excluded!), $80. Agreed that $125 for a $100 deductible on a $299 device really doesn't make sense...but for $80 and a low deductible on a $350 phone,
    it made sense to me...

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Worth avenue insurance. 45/yr in 1,2,3 yr purchase options. 50 deductible. Covers everything except loss.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I am a product of my failures.

It's not the law, just a suggestion..

"Let's Flash Together" Bigjobber69.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by andyferg View Post
    Not sure which Square Trade policy you were looking at, but I just bought one through amazon, covers phones valued at 300-400, $50 deductible, all hazards (kids not excluded!), $80. Agreed that $125 for a $100 deductible on a $299 device really doesn't make sense...but for $80 and a low deductible on a $350 phone,
    it made sense to me...
    I copied the info directly from SqTrds phone info page, go there and see if you find it too?
    The Practical BBQ'r !

I bought mine on my Discover card so I got 90 days that covers even accidental damage.

https://www.discover.com/credit-card...rotection.html

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

I think my insurance company that I had for the galaxy Nexus is called ensquared. I'm gonna switch this phone over to that.

Although I do wonder if it's worth it for this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Worth Avenue Group.