Nexus 4 time (clock) error after phone is asleep (sleep mode)

adamkovics

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
OK, weird error here. my phone's clock stops working correctly when the phone is in sleep mode. it does it both when the time is set via the network, or if not. what gives? anyone else notice this? if i turnthe phone off, it comes back with the correct time, or if I put it in airplane mode, it resets the time, but if i simply turn the screen off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on, the time will be wrong by about the amount of time the screen was off.

i jsut tried calling google's support number, but i cannot get through.... (an actual busy signal)

thanks for any help/advice in advance.

Matthew Lyons

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My Fiance has the same issue with her Nexus 4 (my Nexus 4 is fine though), we spoke to Google support and they are going to exchange the phone.
I came on here to see if anybody on here knew what was causing it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. My phone shows 7:45am, but it is only 6:15am. Not sure what is going on. My home time is correct, but it thinks I am away somewhere else.

I think your issue is fundamentally different from that of the previous poster. He is losing minutes when his phone is sleeping; you (assuming your clock is exactly 1-1/2 hours off) appear to be in the wrong time zone.

If I might ask, where are you physically located? Who is your cellular provider?

For those (especially in the US) who don't know, yes, there are 1/2 hour time zones. For example, when my son was serving in Kabul, Afghanistan, his time was 8-1/2 hours ahead of US Eastern time.

Schwack

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
All, I am having the same issue that has been reported in this post. I received my Nexus 4 last Friday and discovered the error over the weekend. That is, when my phone goes into hibernation for a period of time (hours), upon it's waking from hibernation, the time is off by 25-30 minutes. Once I reboot the phone, the time is corrected! However, it's kinda weird waking up in the morning, see my bedside alarm clock with the correct time but seeing a different time on my phone.

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Thanks....

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same question as was asked earlier in this thread: Are you using any sort of battery-saving apps, task killers, etc?

Schwack

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Same question as was asked earlier in this thread: Are you using any sort of battery-saving apps, task killers, etc?

Nope. I have not installed any power saving app. primarily, because I just purchased it and was going to test the battery life. Then again, the more I think about it....I don't think I have ever purchased a batter saving app for any of my phones.....or task killer.

Schwack

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Early Morning.jpgLater Morning.jpgAll, I decided to take pictures of what is happening on my phone in with regards to the phone issue. The early morning picture was taken when the phone went into hibernation with wifi on. The later morning picture was taken after I turned the wifi off (at 1am) and it went to into hibernation. Something screwy is going on.

I do use Beautiful Widgets on the phone but can't see that causing the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks...

Flipnuts

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine was exactly 2 hours behind, showing me in a time zone out in the Pacific. When I go into the clock app, it shows my home time as being correct but the main, current time in my location 2 hrs. earlier.

Corrected by going to settings/Date & time/Automatic time zone (check)

Last edited:

Eric Davis5

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Same problem.

Yes, auto date/time/timezone/i'm not entirely dumb.

I have ES Task Manager installed, but I encountered the issue long before installing this app, and there's no way any of my other apps could be affecting this. It is a 'straight out of the box' issue that I noticed almost immediately. I'm going to see about a replacement phone, because this is beginning to cause some serious issues.

Mrk Aril

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I am facing this problem with galaxy note 2 on kitkat

It appear that when the phone goes to sleep mode clock stop. When you wake the phone (lock screen)it show the wrong time. after you unlock it, it seem, the phone's time is resync back to the correct time. For example i turn off my phone

This pose problem if you have alarm on. The alarm won't work because the time stop when the phone go to sleep mode. This suck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol