1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 time (clock) error after phone is asleep (sleep mode)

OK, weird error here. my phone's clock stops working correctly when the phone is in sleep mode. it does it both when the time is set via the network, or if not. what gives? anyone else notice this? if i turnthe phone off, it comes back with the correct time, or if I put it in airplane mode, it resets the time, but if i simply turn the screen off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on, the time will be wrong by about the amount of time the screen was off.

i jsut tried calling google's support number, but i cannot get through.... (an actual busy signal)

thanks for any help/advice in advance.

Default Re: Nexus 4 time (clock) error after phone is asleep (sleep mode)

Same here. My phone shows 7:45am, but it is only 6:15am. Not sure what is going on. My home time is correct, but it thinks I am away somewhere else.

Are you guys using any sort of battery-saving apps, task killers, etc?
    Last edited by N4Newbie; 12-13-2012 at 08:53 AM.

My Fiance has the same issue with her Nexus 4 (my Nexus 4 is fine though), we spoke to Google support and they are going to exchange the phone.
    I came on here to see if anybody on here knew what was causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by theboone1980kk View Post
    Same here. My phone shows 7:45am, but it is only 6:15am. Not sure what is going on. My home time is correct, but it thinks I am away somewhere else.

I think your issue is fundamentally different from that of the previous poster. He is losing minutes when his phone is sleeping; you (assuming your clock is exactly 1-1/2 hours off) appear to be in the wrong time zone.

If I might ask, where are you physically located? Who is your cellular provider?

For those (especially in the US) who don't know, yes, there are 1/2 hour time zones. For example, when my son was serving in Kabul, Afghanistan, his time was 8-1/2 hours ahead of US Eastern time.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

All, I am having the same issue that has been reported in this post. I received my Nexus 4 last Friday and discovered the error over the weekend. That is, when my phone goes into hibernation for a period of time (hours), upon it's waking from hibernation, the time is off by 25-30 minutes. Once I reboot the phone, the time is corrected! However, it's kinda weird waking up in the morning, see my bedside alarm clock with the correct time but seeing a different time on my phone.

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Thanks....

Same question as was asked earlier in this thread: Are you using any sort of battery-saving apps, task killers, etc?

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Same question as was asked earlier in this thread: Are you using any sort of battery-saving apps, task killers, etc?
    Nope. I have not installed any power saving app. primarily, because I just purchased it and was going to test the battery life. Then again, the more I think about it....I don't think I have ever purchased a batter saving app for any of my phones.....or task killer.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Nexus 4 time (clock) error after phone is asleep (sleep mode)-early-morning.jpgNexus 4 time (clock) error after phone is asleep (sleep mode)-later-morning.jpgAll, I decided to take pictures of what is happening on my phone in with regards to the phone issue. The early morning picture was taken when the phone went into hibernation with wifi on. The later morning picture was taken after I turned the wifi off (at 1am) and it went to into hibernation. Something screwy is going on.

I do use Beautiful Widgets on the phone but can't see that causing the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks...

Mine was exactly 2 hours behind, showing me in a time zone out in the Pacific. When I go into the clock app, it shows my home time as being correct but the main, current time in my location 2 hrs. earlier.

Corrected by going to settings/Date & time/Automatic time zone (check)
    Last edited by Flipnuts; 04-02-2013 at 05:07 PM.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Do you all have settings<date & time< automatic date & time (use network provided time) selected?

Oh. Didn't see your reply, ConTejas. Stumbled on to it myself.

Same problem.

Yes, auto date/time/timezone/i'm not entirely dumb.

I have ES Task Manager installed, but I encountered the issue long before installing this app, and there's no way any of my other apps could be affecting this. It is a 'straight out of the box' issue that I noticed almost immediately. I'm going to see about a replacement phone, because this is beginning to cause some serious issues.