*NEWB* email notifications

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Another BB to Android migrator.

I will look into the Light Flow app for changing the LED notification, but I would really like to increase the email notification. With my BB I would receive an audible sound as well as a tactile one(vibrate).

Can anyone offer assistance on how to increase the audible/visual/tactile notification for email - Gmail and Exchange?

Thanks.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I'm moving from BB as well I love the option in BB to have different notifications for different emails/messages.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Another BB to Android migrator.

I will look into the Light Flow app for changing the LED notification, but I would really like to increase the email notification. With my BB I would receive an audible sound as well as a tactile one(vibrate).

Can anyone offer assistance on how to increase the audible/visual/tactile notification for email - Gmail and Exchange?

Thanks.

I'll take a crack at understanding this but apologies in advance if I've misunderstood you. Is what your looking for is to turn on vibrate in the email app and the gmail app?

Gmail - Open Gmail app > Settings (3 dots in lower right corner) > settings > tap your gmail address > sound & vibrate - check mark vibrate.
Email - Open Email app > Settings (3 dots in lower right corner) > settings > tap your email address > vibrate - check mark always

Similar steps can be taken inside gtalk, and sms/mms app to enable vibration for messages which comes through those apps.

Cheers!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll take a crack at understanding this but apologies in advance if I've misunderstood you. Is what your looking for is to turn on vibrate in the email app and the gmail app?

Gmail - Open Gmail app > Settings (3 dots in lower right corner) > settings > tap your gmail address > sound & vibrate - check mark vibrate.
Email - Open Email app > Settings (3 dots in lower right corner) > settings > tap your email address > vibrate - check mark always

Similar steps can be taken inside gtalk, and sms/mms app to enable vibration for messages which comes through those apps.

Cheers!

What he means (and correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I mean as well) in BB you can set a different sound to each email address or each message service so when you get a message you can know where it was sent just by the sound of the notice.

Is this possible in android?

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What he means (and correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I mean as well) in BB you can set a different sound to each email address or each message service so when you get a message you can know where it was sent just by the sound of the notice.

Yep - within the same settings as shown above there's an option to set the ringtone for each. Additionally, within the contacts app you can set contact specific tones if that's your thing too.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Yes it is. Go into the settings for each account and select the name of the account you want to change notification settings for. Select "Sound and Vibrate" > check "Notifications" > "Sound" > select your notification sound > back out > check/uncheck "Vibrate" > Rinse and repeat for al accounts including FB/G+/SMS etc.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is. Go into the settings for each account and select the name of the account you want to change notification settings for. Select "Sound and Vibrate" > check "Notifications" > "Sound" > select your notification sound > back out > check/uncheck "Vibrate" > Rinse and repeat for al accounts including FB/G+/SMS etc.

Thanks. As soon as I get the device I will "go into" :)

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the prompt replies. (FTR i didnt necessarily want to assign a ringtone to each notification, but if the volume level could be increased)

I have modified as outlined above, but still struggle with the audible sound notification. Maybe my solution is to find a better alert online (mp3) and save it to my ringtone folder.

Is there a way to repeat the vibrate to a number of times? Say, 3. This was something of use in BB phones.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the prompt replies. (FTR i didnt necessarily want to assign a ringtone to each notification, but if the volume level could be increased)

I have modified as outlined above, but still struggle with the audible sound notification. Maybe my solution is to find a better alert online (mp3) and save it to my ringtone folder.

Is there a way to repeat the vibrate to a number of times? Say, 3. This was something of use in BB phones.
Ahh..yes. I had the same issue, the notification sounds aren't the best, they seem to be kind of subtle. I use Zedge, there is almost an unlimited amount of free tones, good ones too. Not to mention wallpapers, ringtones and games.

As far as the vibrate things goes. I use "Vibrate Tools" You can create your own vibrate pattern, pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz