Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bulldog1377
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Default Google voice issues

Is anyone having problems with Google voice displaying the correct number that your are dialing?

What happens is that it displays the exchange number that it's dialing and you don't know who you are calling. The Log also shows the exchange number.

This only started happening when I switched from the galaxy to the Nexus 4. I've done the cursory soft reset but that didn't fix the problem totally.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Default Re: Google voice issues

Am I the only one with this issue?

I'm having the same issue. I want to port my "regular" number to be my GV number but not if people can see I'm calling them. Any luck on finding a solution?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

So when you dial, the number you actually dialing does not display? You see the Google exchange number?

This is driving me nuts. I want to determine if it's specific to the LG Nexus 4 but I already cut my sim card so I can't put it back in my galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by sdchargers12 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I want to port my "regular" number to be my GV number but not if people can see I'm calling them. Any luck on finding a solution?

I'm sure you are aware of this but just in case I thought I would mention that during the setup there is an option to use the phones number or youre Google voice number. If you didn't do it (like me the first time), you need to un-install and reload the app.
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    andr0idralphie likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Yeah I did do that.

When you dial what number do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1377 View Post
    I'm sure you are aware of this but just in case I thought I would mention that during the setup there is an option to use the phones number or youre Google voice number. If you didn't do it (like me the first time), you need to un-install and reload the app.
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I see my phones original number. I am on Sprint and not sure if carriers make a difference. But it now uses my phones number when using my computer or tablet as well.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I see my phones original number. I am on Sprint and not sure if carriers make a difference. But it now uses my phones number when using my computer or tablet as well.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!
    When dialing, what number do you see on the screen? The number you typed to dial?

Yes. I see the number of the person I am calling. But this reminds me of a setting that I found when on the computer where it asks if you want voice to place the calls for you. I will get on my computer layer tonight and see if I can find what I'm thinking of.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!

The strange number you see with google voice when calling out is in fact some sort of transfer # but it isn't what the phone on the receiving ends sees - they will see your actual google voice #. I just wish google voice had control over what they see listed with caller ID as the text.

I just found this, which some guy on the google voice forum claims will show your caller ID of your choice with google voice calls.

List Yourself! -- Your Free 411 Directory Assistance Listing
    Last edited by minnemike; 12-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Setting from computer or setting from phone. There is a phone setting that asks that question. The thing is that it works fine sometimes but not other times. It's intermittent.

Yes. I see the number of the person I am calling. But this reminds me of a setting that I found when on the computer where it asks if you want voice to place the calls for you. I will get on my computer layer tonight and see if I can find what I'm thinking of.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Yes, that I am aware of. The problem is that I cannot see who I am calling. I gotta see who I am dialing. The caller I'd aspect works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    The strange number you see with google voice when calling out is in fact some sort of transfer # but it isn't what the phone on the receiving ends sees - they will see your actual google voice #. I just wish google voice had control over what they see listed with caller ID as the text.

I just found this, which some guy on the google voice forum claims will show your caller ID of your choice with google voice calls.

List Yourself! -- Your Free 411 Directory Assistance Listing

On the computer or through the browser you canChange this Setting.

Go to the Google Voice web page and select settings. once there select the"calls" tab and scroll down to "Caller ID (Incoming)" and "Caller ID (outgoing)". There you can set if you Want to see your GV # Or the number you are Calling / Calling you.
    Hope this helps!

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!

Are you using GrooveIP? I had the same problem, and I think there was a setting in GrooveIP that was causing the problem. I think it was the Native Call Log option, I have it unticked now, and I believe that cleared it up. Then I make calls from the native dialer and select GrooveIP to make calls on wifi and now everything works ok. I'll check it out further later, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

edit: Hmm maybe that wasn't it. I'll play more when I get home, I know I fixed it somehow.

Also, it's not a Nexus 4 thing, because it happened to my on an S3. I fixed it on there, and haven't had a problem on my N4.
    Last edited by winenerd; 12-13-2012 at 07:57 PM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I check that but they are set correctly. Thanks!

On the computer or through the browser you canChange this Setting.

Go to the Google Voice web page and select settings. once there select the"calls" tab and scroll down to "Caller ID (Incoming)" and "Caller ID (outgoing)". There you can set if you Want to see your GV # Or the number you are Calling / Calling you.
    Hope this helps!

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Dood, I need your help. Please look into this. It displays correctly occasionally but then it blows it like 90% of the time!

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in construction, I live in NYC... You can only imagine how nuts it is out here right now post hurricane.

Should I delete a program?

Quote Originally Posted by winenerd View Post
    Are you using GrooveIP? I had the same problem, and I think there was a setting in GrooveIP that was causing the problem. I think it was the Native Call Log option, I have it unticked now, and I believe that cleared it up. Then I make calls from the native dialer and select GrooveIP to make calls on wifi and now everything works ok. I'll check it out further later, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

edit: Hmm maybe that wasn't it. I'll play more when I get home, I know I fixed it somehow.

Also, it's not a Nexus 4 thing, because it happened to my on an S3. I fixed it on there, and haven't had a problem on my N4.