1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transfering music from Computer to N4

For some reason this is not working like it did with my Thunderbolt. . . Normally, I would use Dropbox and "Export to SD card", and bam, Winamp would play it. Now, I "export to SD card", and nothing happens. Winamp or Play music will not recognize the song. Even when I connect my N4 to my computer via USB, it does not work. I can see the songs under the music folder on my N4, but I can't get a music player to actually play the songs. . . Any help?

Default Re: transfering music from Computer to N4

I have no idea seeing that I don't have a nexus 4 yet but just upload it onto google play and then download it from there if you can. That's all I got, better than nothing. Well also the Nexus 4 doesn't have an SD card, not sure if that means anything but that might be it?

Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    For some reason this is not working like it did with my Thunderbolt. . . Normally, I would use Dropbox and "Export to SD card", and bam, Winamp would play it. Now, I "export to SD card", and nothing happens. Winamp or Play music will not recognize the song. Even when I connect my N4 to my computer via USB, it does not work. I can see the songs under the music folder on my N4, but I can't get a music player to actually play the songs. . . Any help?
    What format are the music files in? Not sure what, if any, limitations may exist but you can try copying a single MP3 file to the Music folder and see if it is recognized.

PowerAmp music player has a "Rescan" function in its Settings to rescan the entire device and locate all relevant files. Does WinAmp have anything similar?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I just synced them to my play music and then synced them to my device. More of a hassle, but it worked. Play music is good if you have constant data, but if you don't you have to manually put the songs on your device from Play Music.