Nexus 4 - Delivery and Cancellation - Help Required

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Like many, I am keen on getting my hands on Nexus 4 (16GB) for this X'mas. I have not placed any orders with Google yet and wish to get it by 23rd Dec latest (anything later and I don't need Nexus 4 then). I live in DC.

My questions are:
1. After placing the order with Google, do we receive any order ack mail stating the expected dispatch date? When can I expect this mail from Google? And importantly, can we rely on what this mail from Google says? The reason being, if I get an email and I can rely on it, then I can keep or cancel my order depending on the stated dispatch date.

2. Once an order is placed with Google, can the order be cancelled (if it's in Pending state)? By when (from time of placing the order) latest can I cancel the order? Of what I have read on the net so far, some say order needs to be cancelled in one hours time and for some they have cancelled after a few days.

3. When does my credit/debit card get charged?

I am looking to place the order ASAP.

Thanks all for your inputs in advance.

Cheers,
Shabbir

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am going to assume you are in the US

If so, you either need to pick it up at t mobile or pretty much forget about it. The ship time right now is 5-6 weeks. It may get there sooner but I would doubt it since many are still waiting..

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't order it, you'll more than likely end up cancelling the order.
I ordered one on the 27th, my card has not been charged, no tracking number, nothing, jot a peep from google.
I sent google an email and got an automated response that ship date would be the 19. With that said, I highly doubt you would be able to order your phone now and get it by the 23rd.

To answer your question about whether you can cancel after ordering, the answer is yes, with mine sitting sitting their pending, it does give me an option to cancel the order.

Good luck.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't order it, you'll more than likely end up cancelling the order.
I ordered one on the 27th, my card has not been charged, no tracking number, nothing, jot a peep from google.
I sent google an email and got an automated response that ship date would be the 19. With that said, I highly doubt you would be able to order your phone now and get it by the 23rd.

To answer your question about whether you can cancel after ordering, the answer is yes, with mine sitting sitting their pending, it does give me an option to cancel the order.

Good luck.

In theory you should be able to cancel. But Google doesn't make it easy. I ordered my original Nexus on the 27th and got 4-5 weeks shipping. Then when I heard about people ordering last week and getting it right away, so on Friday I ordered another one just to see what would happen. But, this weekend I was thinking about it and realized I was just being dumb, so I tried to cancel my second order on Sunday. I got an email back from Google saying there is a very small window during which an order can be canceled, and my order was now outside that window. They also said I could refuse delivery.

I replied with a not so nice email about what a foolish policy that is and how it doesn't really match up with other online retailers offering cancellations up until the item is either paid for or shipped (mine has neither been charged nor shipped). I haven't heard back yet, but I don't expect anything from them. I'll probably just refuse delivery or something on the 2nd one.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what can happen with regards to cancellation.

Mohammad Rafi

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey Swartzz

I also ordered a 16 GB variant on Nov 29th. I have just received some 2 mails of confirmation of receipt.

Who did u mail to get the shipping date for your mobile?

-Rafi

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I could not resist. Placed an order:

Order date: Dec 11, 2012 12:10:16 PM EST
Item: Nexus 4 (16GB)
Quantity: 1
My Location: Washington DC
Order confirmation email: Received
Order Status: Pending
Credit card: Not charged
Tracking Details: NA

If I don't get the delivery before I leave for vacation (23rd Dec) - I either cancel the order (if I am allowed to via Google Wallet) or not accept the delivery.

Fingers crossed.

Ajith Sharma

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I ordered a 16 gb variant of the Nexus 4 through a friend who has gone to US. He booked it on 20th Feb 2013. He is coming back to India on March 2nd. The phone is still not shipped to his place. So suggest me an option of whether to cancel or wait for a couple of more days......?? and can someone tell me the shipping times of the 16gb variant

thanks.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I ordered a 16 gb variant of the Nexus 4 through a friend who has gone to US. He booked it on 20th Feb 2013. He is coming back to India on March 2nd. The phone is still not shipped to his place. So suggest me an option of whether to cancel or wait for a couple of more days......?? and can someone tell me the shipping times of the 16gb variant

thanks.
Sounds like something might be up with your order. I ordered a 16GB on Sat 2/23 and it's out for delivery by UPS today. How did you pay for it? Perhaps a non-US based credit card? May be that your card provider put a block on the purchase, I know sometimes that happens if I try to use my US based credit card on a European website. Might want to check with Google customer service or even your CC company to see if they blocked the charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae