1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flash Websites with Nexus 4?

How can I do it, I noticed my older metropcs phone can view flash websites. Is there any way to watch flash content with this phone?

Thanks

Default Re: Flash Websites with Nexus 4?

Different browser maybe? Tried dolphin HD? I'm fairly sure chrome doesn't do flash

Quote Originally Posted by life4eva View Post
    How can I do it, I noticed my older metropcs phone can view flash websites. Is there any way to watch flash content with this phone?

Thanks
    First download a file explorer from the play store like ES File Explorer
    Download a browser that supports Flash, like Firefox for example.
    Then Go to Settings>Security, then check the box “unknown sources”. Then just hit ok if warning screen pops up.
    Download the flash player apk file from here (this link is straight from XDA from developer stempox) -
    Now go into your file explorer app (like ES File explorer) and find the file (which should be called install_flash_player_ics.apk and it should be in the folder named Download). Click on it and click install.
    Go into Firefox and browse most Flash sites (there are a few that require 11.2 but there is currently no apk for that yet).

Just an FYI, Adobe stopped supporting Flash after ICS (4.0) so phones running Jelly Bean (4.1 and up) are not officially supported. That's why you have to download and install the apk for it.
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha-
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jian9007 View Post
    Then Go to Settings>Security, then check the box “unknown sources”. Then just hit ok if warning screen pops up.
    Download the flash player apk file from here (this link is straight from XDA from developer stempox) -
    Now go into your file explorer app (like ES File explorer) and find the file (which should be called install_flash_player_ics.apk and it should be in the folder named Download). Click on it and click install.
    Go into Firefox and browse most Flash sites (there are a few that require 11.2 but there is currently no apk for that yet).

Just an FYI, Adobe stopped supporting Flash after ICS (4.0) so phones running Jelly Bean (4.1 and up) are not officially supported. That's why you have to download and install the apk for it.
    Thanks for the help.

Quick question though, why did they stop supporting flash?

Quote Originally Posted by life4eva View Post
    Thanks for the help.

Quick question though, why did they stop supporting flash?
    Possibly due to conflicts with Adobe, but HTML5 is becoming the standard now anyway. In the 2 and a half years I had my iPhone I didn't encounter a single website that had flash content that I couldn't see, but wanted to.

Thanks for the advice. What are some flash sites you guys visit?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Adobe stopped supporting Android, not the other way around.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by jian9007 View Post

Note that you can do this from your desk/laptop if you use Gmail on your phone...

1. Enable sideloading on your phone as instructed above.
    2. Download the APK as instructed above.
    3. Email the APK to your Gmail account as an attachment.
    4. Open the email in Gmail on your phone.
    5. Click on the attachment to install.