Nexus 4 is slidy!

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
because you really dont want markings displayed over whatever app you are running and possibly over text even if it is off to the side. it most likely is a cover they use to keep the screen clean and free of damage during assembly or shipping... like wrappings you see on most new phones out of box.

But if you want to keep the screen on, then by all means you can use it as a 'free cover' and it works... i'm using it while i am waiting on my zaggs.

most people wont even be able to tell if it is clearer than an aftermarket cover or that it isnt 'tougher' than the aftermarket.
but i dont need newbie markings on my cover as well as tiny notches on the side and it also is not sealed to the edges on some areas.
I bet if they said it was a free cover from the factory, they'd be getting a lot of complaints and demands of replacement for the above issues mentioned because they'll really be expecting more out of it lol.

Why wouldn't they have the markings on a screen protector?

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm taking solace in the fact that I can cover it up when I can finally get a bumper!

I'm afraid of doing the same thing. I put mine in my sock drawer next to my bed when i sleep at night, so it doesn't accidentally slide off. Part of the the great thing about this phone is how beautiful it is. I bought a Reath case cause the n4 bumper case was sold out and have a hard time wanting to keep it on. I want to show off the whole phone, front and back. I feel your pain man!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid of doing the same thing. I put mine in my sock drawer next to my bed when i sleep at night, so it doesn't accidentally slide off. Part of the the great thing about this phone is how beautiful it is. I bought a Reath case cause the n4 bumper case was sold out and have a hard time wanting to keep it on. I want to show off the whole phone, front and back. I feel your pain man!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mine goes under my pillow at night.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My rear "default" protective skin started peeling after about a five or six days of use. On the seventh or eighth day it came completely off. It was fun while it lasted. I noticed that rear skin had the imei number on it.

The front default protective skin is still going strong. At times the + sign will occasionally confuse me as I'll think it's on the screen.

I knew before the N4 arrive that it was prone to sliding so I've generally been treating it well in terms of not leaving on unlevel surfaces. Last night was the biggest drop though. I had the N4 atop a naked iPad and was carrying, tray-like, the iPad to another room (in semi-darkness). All of a suddenly the iPad felt lighter and the N4 hit my foot. Oops.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude