Nexus 4 is slidy!

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I put my N4 down on a book on the windowsill. By eye, the book was perfectly level but it mist have been on a slight angle because while I wasn't looking the Nexus slowly slid along the book and off the edge, hitting the radiator on the way down :'( it has a big dent in the bottom of the black chrome bit now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 119

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Bumper is available in Google Play now. Get one. It would prevent accident like yours and it probably would hide the dent.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It is available in the States now. I?ve just ordered one about 45 minutes ago. If you are not in the States, it should be available for you sooner and later. Feel bad for you especially on such a new phone. Still once you get the bumper on the phone, you should not notice the dent.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It is available in the States now. I?ve just ordered one about 45 minutes ago. If you are not in the States, it should be available for you sooner and later. Feel bad for you especially on such a new phone. Still once you get the bumper on the phone, you should not notice the dent.

Yeah I'm taking solace in the fact that I can cover it up when I can finally get a bumper!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I put my N4 down on a book on the windowsill. By eye, the book was perfectly level but it mist have been on a slight angle because while I wasn't looking the Nexus slowly slid along the book and off the edge, hitting the radiator on the way down :'( it has a big dent in the bottom of the black chrome bit now.

Sorry to hear it happened to you.

Like others said a bumper is a good thing to have. Right now it's being sold in the US and i hope that they will start selling it in other parts of the world as well. I want to get one as well.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunate, but accidents do happen. Least on positive was there were no screen cracks.
Would a full body protector do a good protection from this or not?

Everene

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Woo! *Puts on bartender uniform and slides Nexus 4 all the way down the bar* I'd call that a success guys.. *Grabs a boot of Guinness*

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
For others to know the protective skins that came on the Nexus 4 (I don't believe) were just shipping protection. I think they are actually protection skins to be left on while using the phone. My reasoning is that when they are left on for one thing it does not slide around much at all. Further both screens have cutouts as needed like for the sensors and camera/LED there would be no reason for them to have cutouts just for shipping. Also they are made much better than any shipping protectors I have ever seen.

Bottom line is new people do not remove them and your phone will not be so slidy.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Only hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, got five bucks?

41bfpM9B%2BjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
For others to know the protective skins that came on the Nexus 4 (I don't believe) were just shipping protection. I think they are actually protection skins to be left on while using the phone. My reasoning is that when they are left on for one thing it does not slide around much at all. Further both screens have cutouts as needed like for the sensors and camera/LED there would be no reason for them to have cutouts just for shipping. Also they are made much better than any shipping protectors I have ever seen.

NO!!! :)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Bottom line is new people do not remove them and your phone will not be so slidy.

If they were intended to remain on as screen protectors, they wouldn't have the +, -, and power labels. That said, unlike some other 'shipping protectors' they aren't on with a lot of bubbles, are very clear, and don't impede sensitivity. In short, they're not a bad thing. I'm leaving mine on till I get the screen protectors I ordered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt