Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 is slidy!

I put my N4 down on a book on the windowsill. By eye, the book was perfectly level but it mist have been on a slight angle because while I wasn't looking the Nexus slowly slid along the book and off the edge, hitting the radiator on the way down it has a big dent in the bottom of the black chrome bit now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 is slidy!-photo.jpg  
    EWY

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 is slidy!

Bumper is available in Google Play now. Get one. It would prevent accident like yours and it probably would hide the dent.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by EWY View Post
    Bumper is available in Google Play now. Get one. It would prevent accident like yours and it probably would hide the dent.
    Had a look on the play store, showing out of stock for me
    EWY

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

It is available in the States now. Ive just ordered one about 45 minutes ago. If you are not in the States, it should be available for you sooner and later. Feel bad for you especially on such a new phone. Still once you get the bumper on the phone, you should not notice the dent.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by EWY View Post
    It is available in the States now. Ive just ordered one about 45 minutes ago. If you are not in the States, it should be available for you sooner and later. Feel bad for you especially on such a new phone. Still once you get the bumper on the phone, you should not notice the dent.
    Yeah I'm taking solace in the fact that I can cover it up when I can finally get a bumper!

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by promanex View Post
    I put my N4 down on a book on the windowsill. By eye, the book was perfectly level but it mist have been on a slight angle because while I wasn't looking the Nexus slowly slid along the book and off the edge, hitting the radiator on the way down it has a big dent in the bottom of the black chrome bit now.
    Sorry to hear it happened to you.

Like others said a bumper is a good thing to have. Right now it's being sold in the US and i hope that they will start selling it in other parts of the world as well. I want to get one as well.

Unfortunate, but accidents do happen. Least on positive was there were no screen cracks.
    Would a full body protector do a good protection from this or not?
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Yeah.. it's really slidy. Get a back cover (xtreme gaurd or something) and it won't slide but you can still see the back

Woo! *Puts on bartender uniform and slides Nexus 4 all the way down the bar* I'd call that a success guys.. *Grabs a boot of Guinness*
    promanex likes this.

For others to know the protective skins that came on the Nexus 4 (I don't believe) were just shipping protection. I think they are actually protection skins to be left on while using the phone. My reasoning is that when they are left on for one thing it does not slide around much at all. Further both screens have cutouts as needed like for the sensors and camera/LED there would be no reason for them to have cutouts just for shipping. Also they are made much better than any shipping protectors I have ever seen.

Bottom line is new people do not remove them and your phone will not be so slidy.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
    promanex likes this.

Only hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, got five bucks?

Last edited by andr0idralphie; 12-14-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    For others to know the protective skins that came on the Nexus 4 (I don't believe) were just shipping protection. I think they are actually protection skins to be left on while using the phone. My reasoning is that when they are left on for one thing it does not slide around much at all. Further both screens have cutouts as needed like for the sensors and camera/LED there would be no reason for them to have cutouts just for shipping. Also they are made much better than any shipping protectors I have ever seen.
    NO!!!
    HTC One 32GB (silver), Nexus 4 16GB, iPhone 4s 16GB, Nexus 7 16GB

Couldn't pay me to leave my phone on a window sill

Quote Originally Posted by palitsyn View Post
    NO!!!
    No!!! What?
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    Couldn't pay me to leave my phone on a window sill
    You'd do it for a million, don't lie.
    promanex likes this.

Rearth case... problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    Only hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, got five bucks?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
    Five bucks and you have to wait until Dec 30th for them to be in stock, but hey at least they're giving us a date as to when they'll be in stock.

Bottom line is new people do not remove them and your phone will not be so slidy.
    If they were intended to remain on as screen protectors, they wouldn't have the +, -, and power labels. That said, unlike some other 'shipping protectors' they aren't on with a lot of bubbles, are very clear, and don't impede sensitivity. In short, they're not a bad thing. I'm leaving mine on till I get the screen protectors I ordered.

No!!! What?
    "I think they are actually protection skins to be left on while using the phone" - NO
    HTC One 32GB (silver), Nexus 4 16GB, iPhone 4s 16GB, Nexus 7 16GB

This has happened twice to me, as well. On the nightstand and dresser. Somehow worked its way onto the floor.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by RickInHouston View Post
    This has happened twice to me, as well. On the nightstand and dresser. Somehow worked its way onto the floor.
    maybe they're suicidal?
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    If they were intended to remain on as screen protectors, they wouldn't have the +, -, and power labels.
    Why wouldn't they have the markings on a screen protector?

because you really dont want markings displayed over whatever app you are running and possibly over text even if it is off to the side. it most likely is a cover they use to keep the screen clean and free of damage during assembly or shipping... like wrappings you see on most new phones out of box.

But if you want to keep the screen on, then by all means you can use it as a 'free cover' and it works... i'm using it while i am waiting on my zaggs.

most people wont even be able to tell if it is clearer than an aftermarket cover or that it isnt 'tougher' than the aftermarket.
    but i dont need newbie markings on my cover as well as tiny notches on the side and it also is not sealed to the edges on some areas.
    I bet if they said it was a free cover from the factory, they'd be getting a lot of complaints and demands of replacement for the above issues mentioned because they'll really be expecting more out of it lol.

Why wouldn't they have the markings on a screen protector?

Quote Originally Posted by promanex View Post
    Yeah I'm taking solace in the fact that I can cover it up when I can finally get a bumper!
    I'm afraid of doing the same thing. I put mine in my sock drawer next to my bed when i sleep at night, so it doesn't accidentally slide off. Part of the the great thing about this phone is how beautiful it is. I bought a Reath case cause the n4 bumper case was sold out and have a hard time wanting to keep it on. I want to show off the whole phone, front and back. I feel your pain man!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MbTurner1977 View Post
    I'm afraid of doing the same thing. I put mine in my sock drawer next to my bed when i sleep at night, so it doesn't accidentally slide off. Part of the the great thing about this phone is how beautiful it is. I bought a Reath case cause the n4 bumper case was sold out and have a hard time wanting to keep it on. I want to show off the whole phone, front and back. I feel your pain man!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mine goes under my pillow at night.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast