Best way to show off your Nexus 4?

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So you got your brand new N4 and want to show it off to your friends.....

What do you show them first? And what get's the 'wow - that's pretty cool'?

Are there any features of the phone that are best of show? How about apps that really pop? Or something that no other phone can do, perhaps photosphere?

Competing systems are Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone5.

I've got my Nexus 4 and I'm looking for ideas that are sure to cause phone envy.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Against the SGS 3 your out of luck. With the i5 you can start with photo sphere. Takes 20 seconds to do a room

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
face unlock- enable liveliness check just in case they try to use your photo to unlock

Photosphere

Google Now with time to Home cards etc etc. do a maps search and it will show up on google now.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen widgets. i showed beautiful widget on my lock screen and it looks amazing.

expandable Notification

Voice typing in real time. iPhone dont have this feature. people has to say something wait for it to convert to text and then continue.
with nexus voice is converted to text in real time.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So you got your brand new N4 and want to show it off to your friends.....

What do you show them first? And what get's the 'wow - that's pretty cool'?

Are there any features of the phone that are best of show? How about apps that really pop? Or something that no other phone can do, perhaps photosphere?

Competing systems are Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone5.

I've got my Nexus 4 and I'm looking for ideas that are sure to cause phone envy.

show how beautiful the back is (make sure you get it under the right lighting so you can see the cool effect). also, theme it so that it looks completely unique.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Show off the shiny back followed by someone with butter fingers dropping it. It would be a real attention grabber seeing everyone's face as beauty crashes to the ground. Pray its in one piece.
In all seriousness just show of its beautiful looks.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Omg just don't drop any phone period! Then show them how nice it looks compared to that thin piece of plastic they call a galaxy. Then tell them how much you pay a month. Then call them when you get an update 6 months before they do. Then let them hold it again so they can take it all in again. Then ask them to drop their phone just to prove you shouldn't drop any phone ever. Then and only then, let them tell you about the good things about their phone proving their is no better phone when the specs are so close. Then compare peepees since that's what you're doing anyways.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha I just thought about it. I don't know how many of you read the Bible but there is a proverb that says "pride comes before the fall". In this case the fall may break your phone. Haha! Be humble people. Don't show off

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Against the SGS 3 your out of luck. With the i5 you can start with photo sphere. Takes 20 seconds to do a room

If you're so against the N4...why do you hang out here so often? Just to sing the praises of the SGSIII? And try to convert the heathens? Serious question.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Omg just don't drop any phone period! Then show them how nice it looks compared to that thin piece of plastic they call a galaxy. Then tell them how much you pay a month. Then call them when you get an update 6 months before they do. Then let them hold it again so they can take it all in again. Then ask them to drop their phone just to prove you shouldn't drop any phone ever. Then and only then, let them tell you about the good things about their phone proving their is no better phone when the specs are so close. Then compare peepees since that's what you're doing anyways.

You must be on Verizon. I will take the high road and not talk down the n4.

You can also show off how easily you can customize an icon

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
What a good one someone did to me as they know I am waiting for the restock...
They lined up everyone at their works mobile's (for those with Nexus 4's) took photo's of it and texted it to me to torture me with it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, my showing off is far more on function than form. Don't get me wrong, everyone I have shown this phone loves the look. But they are impressed by the vanilla Android, how fast and zippy the phone is, how incredible the screen looks, and Google Now, especially with voice commands, just stuns them.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This thread made me LOL. Showing off... fkn dumb. Just show them the features of the phone and how much you can do with your little toy. After that exercise some humility and point them to where they can get 1 as cheap as you did ;)

Due to the explicitly stupid nature of this discussion, I can intuitively predict a beautiful S3vsN4 happy ending or something of the like.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
See I left that bait on the hook and stuck to the op and his question.

Another thing to show off is maps and how they have improved since apple had it

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You must be on Verizon. I will take the high road and not talk down the n4.

You can also show off how easily you can customize an icon

Did you read my post at all? All of the sarcasm was directed at the galaxy. What in that post made you think I'm for the s3 on Verizon? Please tell me. Seeing how I have the n4 it's impossible for me to be on Verizon. There's not one single sentence in that post that says I'm against the amazing n4 or the awesome s3. Once again it's a pissing contest that I don't want to enter. I use stalls even to pee. I don't care about whose is bigger or better :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I meant talking about Verizon and by galaxy do you mean gnex or sgs3.

I can only leave so much bait on that hook

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What I don't get is WHY you want to show it off. You didn't make it, why show it off? You aren't trying to sell it, why show it off? People don't show off their phones, why show yours off?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer