Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyTheNinja View Post
    Ok I did your test with headphones. It seems like between volume levels 12/13 (out of 15) on the Galaxy Nexus matches the Nexus 4's maxed out 15/15 volume.
    for me it was galaxy s volume 7/15 = nexus 4 volume 8/15. why are you listening to it at 15/15 btw? bad for hearing if you use that all the time....
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    what about with headphones?
    Same dealeo. With small little earbuds it's not as bad, but when I listen through my cans it is much less loud. I think just the aux output isn't as strong as some phones.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Same dealeo. With small little earbuds it's not as bad, but when I listen through my cans it is much less loud. I think just the aux output isn't as strong as some phones.
    i did it with audiophile grade IEM's. I can try it with my over the ear headphones, but honestly i feel too lazy right now...
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

for me it was galaxy s volume 7/15 = nexus 4 volume 8/15. why are you listening to it at 15/15 btw? bad for hearing if you use that all the time....
    I only did it to test it out and the Nexus 4 at max isn't that loud to begin with. I also never use headphones anyway. I prefer a receiver/speakers over headphones.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    That makes sense because I noticed a bigger difference with the max volume in my car than testing it out with headphones. I'm going to try the same volume test tomorrow in my car when I get a chance and see how far off the volumes are in both phones.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I only did it to test it out and the Nexus 4 at max isn't that loud to begin with. I also never use headphones anyway. I prefer a receiver/speakers over headphones.
    i just used headphones because i wanted to see how audio output would compare with a different device. what the actual audio output is (speakers, headphones, etc) shouldn't really vary. also, i didn't want to go to my car because its cold outside lol
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

i just used headphones because i wanted to see how audio output would compare with a different device. what the actual audio output is (speakers, headphones, etc) shouldn't really vary. also, i didn't want to go to my car because its cold outside lol
    Yeah when I test it in my car tomorrow, I'm expecting it to be the same result. About 2 or 3 volume level difference between my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4, but since it's with speakers, the gap between 12/15 to its max 15/15 on my Galaxy Nexus will sound bigger than on headphones.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah when I test it in my car tomorrow, I'm expecting it to be the same result. About 2 or 3 volume level difference between my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4, but since it's with speakers, the gap between 12/15 to its max 15/15 on my Galaxy Nexus will sound bigger than on headphones.
    hmm... good point. i'll try it in my car and report back tomorrow.

Anyone ever try a little amp for use in the car?

Amazon.com: Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier - E6: Electronics
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Hoping for a software fix/mod for this. I struggle with listening to music in the car because the output is so low. I pretty much have to crank my car stereo all the way up and it's still not crazy loud. Seems about half as loud as my old iPhone used to output.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Hoping for a software fix/mod for this. I struggle with listening to music in the car because the output is so low. I pretty much have to crank my car stereo all the way up and it's still not crazy loud. Seems about half as loud as my old iPhone used to output.
    Same here... I hope this issue gets addressed by Google. It seems like every phone has this too, so I can't just send it back to Google and get a proper one.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i've used pandora before and didn't really see that much of a difference with my previous phone. i guess i'll pay more attention next time

I love everything about my N4 except this glaring issue with the aux volume. I live in NYC and listen to various content through headphones anytime I am on the subway, and my N4 puts out way lower volume compared to my old Droid X. Does Google have a way for us to give feedback about what we'd like to see in future updates to hardware and software? I didn't see anything on the N4 support page...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by supernice44 View Post
    I love everything about my N4 except this glaring issue with the aux volume. I live in NYC and listen to various content through headphones anytime I am on the subway, and my N4 puts out way lower volume compared to my old Droid X. Does Google have a way for us to give feedback about what we'd like to see in future updates to hardware and software? I didn't see anything on the N4 support page...
    This is the only place I can find for feedback on this issue:
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

did you try this?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Hmm. This is not good.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

This is the only place I can find for feedback on this issue:
    Thanks, Bobby! I didn't realize this issues page existed. I starred a few other issues as well :-)
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

did you try this?
    I saw that, but I don't want to have to root and install a custom recovery on my phone to fix the issue. Even though that's easy to do, I want to leave my phone completely stock.
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I saw that, but I don't want to have to root and install a custom recovery on my phone to fix the issue. Even though that's easy to do, I want to leave my phone completely stock.
    People in the thread are saying it works with stock, so really all you need do is root (which I already am). I think I'll try this soon.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Now I see what you're saying. My problem is that at max volume, the Nexus 4 isn't nearly as loud as most other phones.
    +1

This is one of the few gripes I have about the phone. however, I just had a JVC stereo installed in my older accord, and I use the N4 with it over Bluetooth and the volume is just fine on that device. Where I do get a little frustrated is around the home where I've got some older computer style speaker set ups, with a 3.5mm plug, in different rooms. On those speakers, the volume--even on max--isnt high enough, and is actually rather low when compared to how loud they used to be with my iPhone. Hope its addressed in an update if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 5/Moto X

What have you learned in trying this? I'd like to know if this is a legitimate fix.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    People in the thread are saying it works with stock, so really all you need do is root (which I already am). I think I'll try this soon.
    I meant to include your quote. Have you tried this fix? What do you think of the end results?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just was using spotify in my car today with my n4. It was fine. With my old phone I have volume 2 clicks away from the max, and the car stereo's volume setting at like 20. With the nexus I put the phone volume at the max and the car stereo volume around 18-20, and it was the same as the previous phone. This leads me to conclude one of the following possibilities:
    1. My nexus is not affected by this issue
    2. My previous phone (galaxy s) also had a low volume output
    3. I listen to lower volume levels than you guys
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

i have the same issue....very frustrating

Posting here:

...will hopefully help Google/LG to recognize there's a problem here and to fix it !

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Tried it today in my car and it is much lower than my SGS2. But it was still loud enough with room to spare.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    bobjohnson201 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast