Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Zee

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

Quote Originally Posted by SLCChris View Post
    I meant to include your quote. Have you tried this fix? What do you think of the end results?
    Haven't gotten around to applying this yet. Too busy with the holidays to mess around with my phone at the moment. I will try it later this week

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Quote Originally Posted by SLCChris View Post
    I meant to include your quote. Have you tried this fix? What do you think of the end results?
    Yes. I tried this and it works.
    The volume does increase considerably and it is pretty easy to do if you have root.
    The Mod installs a couple of apps "Awesome BEATS" and "noozy" along with the "Noozexide EIZO-rewire PRO" which is the actual fix.

ROM
    Stock

Have you guys increased the volume from the settings menu as well?

I noticed that by simply pressing the volume up button on the side of the phone didnt actually take my volume to the max. I had to manually go into settings-sound-volumes and move those bars all the way to the right. Then a message pops up mentioning safe hearing levels or whatever.

Anywho, maybe im just imagining things, or maybe my settings were messed up..lol.
    Zee

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtamhankar View Post
    Yes. I tried this and it works.
    The volume does increase considerably and it is pretty easy to do if you have root.
    The Mod installs a couple of apps "Awesome BEATS" and "noozy" along with the "Noozexide EIZO-rewire PRO" which is the actual fix.
    Just installed this and turned on the "Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO" setting in Music effects. Not sure if I have to change anything in the app settings ater turning this on? I also enabled "Beats boost" for headphones, sounds like my bass is heavier, or maybe it's just a placebo effect since I installed this. The real test will come with the AUX-line out in the car. I'll know if I don't have to set my car speakers to crazy loud levels.
    Zee

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Ok, so although the music sounds fine when i'm wearing headphones, it was really weird and distorted bass sound in my car. I have to crank the volume up on the Nexus 4 all the way to 100% to get the sound through the AUX plug into the car, and no matter which settings I used I didn't like the sound. I had to reset the Noozxoide thing to defaults again, I think i'll just uninstall this mod and settle with cranking my car stereo loud for now.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

!!! CRAP !!!! You're Right!! I just noticed my Music volume was at the half-way point as yours originally and moved mine all the way to the right. As soon as I hop in my truck I'm going to test it out. Hopefully this solves it. I'll post my results in the next few minutes...
    Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peytonel View Post
    !!! CRAP !!!! You're Right!! I just noticed my Music volume was at the half-way point as yours originally and moved mine all the way to the right. As soon as I hop in my truck I'm going to test it out. Hopefully this solves it. I'll post my results in the next few minutes...
    Adjusting the Music volume under settings helped slightly. Therefore a long-term fix is still needed IMO. Utilizing add-on software (3rd party) would be a temp work around.....
    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Zee

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peytonel View Post
    Adjusting the Music volume under settings helped slightly. Therefore a long-term fix is still needed IMO. Utilizing add-on software (3rd party) would be a temp work around.....
    Yeah, people on XDA raving about this patch, but it really just seems like it's music equalizer type stuff that's distorting the sound if you choose the wrong settings. Oh well, hopefully Google addresses this and somehow increases the loudness of the audio output.
    Last edited by mzanette; 01-04-2013 at 11:41 AM.

This is something i really hate about android phones. Sound quality is so crappy. Ive had like 5 android phone and all have very low sound levels. My iphone 4s is much louder than any of those. Is this a software or hardware issue?

- - - Updated - - -

This is something i really hate about android phones. Sound quality is so crappy. Ive had like 5 android phone and all have very low sound levels. My iphone 4s is much louder than any of those. Is this a software or hardware issue?

Are you guys by any chance using a Zagg Shield or any phone protective transparent shield (front and back) on the phone. The reason I am asking is, my phone had good enough volume for both speaker and music/ringtone etc...but once I got a protective shield on my phone, the volume reduced drastically. I later found out that the guy at best buy didn't do a good job and part of the plastic ran over the speaker at the back. The speaker is right next to the LG logo. I pierced the plastic over the speaker using my nail (didn't wanna use any other sharp objects) and now the volume is back to normal. I know the volume is not that great anyways but just throwing it out, in case others may have the same issue.

You might living in village. In the city , you guys, it almost impossible to listen audio books or use navigation. Waiting for software fix!!!!

I dont live in a village. I don't listen to audio book (and who is stopping you from getting earphones btw), and I have an AUX system in my car to help me with my GPS.

I find some improvement in aux volume and in headsets - including bluetooth headset after 4.2.2 update.

i am also having an issue with this... my phone is my primary music source... mostly used for aux with headphones or in my car, not worried about the external speaker as much. but the volume is way too low!!! couldnt even use it to listen to music at a social gathering last night because plugged into a bose wave radio, it was maxed out and still too quiet for us to hear !!! its a joke! so we had to hook up an old ipod which sounded 10x better, quite embarrassing, my brand new nexus doesnt compare to a 4 year old ipod in sound quality... WTF google?

any fixes for this yet?
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

I tried the AUX jack connected to my car stereo and my home stereo and I had no problems with volume at all. Ny home stereo nearly blew out my ears and my car stereo was just as good as if I was listening to me iPod. I also tried out the bluetooth on my Nexus 4 with my car stereo and the volume was also just as good.

The only time I have had a problem with low audio is when using a headset on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.

the issue is definately more prevalent with headphones... but it is an all around aux out problem... the phone doesnt know the difference between your car and your headphones... i did find that using poweramp or winamp, and adjusting the EQ, it helps quite a bit. only fix so far w/o rooting and using noozy
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    +1

This is one of the few gripes I have about the phone. however, I just had a JVC stereo installed in my older accord, and I use the N4 with it over Bluetooth and the volume is just fine on that device. Where I do get a little frustrated is around the home where I've got some older computer style speaker set ups, with a 3.5mm plug, in different rooms. On those speakers, the volume--even on max--isnt high enough, and is actually rather low when compared to how loud they used to be with my iPhone. Hope its addressed in an update if possible.

That's because, from what I've read, the problem is specifically with the headphone/aux plug. There are several custom kernels out there that allow you to adjust the gain. I believe the Franco's kernel allows this. I know there are some people here that say that want to remain completely stock. My question to you is this - why?

I don't have any hard stats but I can tell you that my N4 and GS3 have drastically lower volume when plugged into headphones and AUX compared to my iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Oh my god this mod is exactly what the nexus4 needed. Thanks

I too wish the volume on the phone was significantly higher. I DO NOT want to root my phone or modify it in any way in order to get better sound volume.

I've noticed with my BT speaker, I get higher volume via Bluetooth vs plugging into the headphone jack.

This is my problem, my walk to work is on a busy street and when traffic is going it's pretty hard to hear podcasts, especially because podcasts have such a wide range of broadcasting volume. I'm wondering how legit these volume booster apps are, sounds like some people here dismiss them as an electronic placebo

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Usman View Post
    You might living in village. In the city , you guys, it almost impossible to listen audio books or use navigation. Waiting for software fix!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris2 View Post
    I'm wondering how legit these volume booster apps are, sounds like some people here dismiss them as an electronic placebo
    Android 4.2 broke them all so they are certainly now all placebo on the n4...

[edit:] To be clear, I am talking about apps, not flashable mods which I have no experience with.
    Thanked by:

Hi, when i listen to my nexus in my car thru bluetooth then there's no problem, when I connect to the aux connection the music is a lot less loud.
    Sucks big time since my home stereo doesn't have bluetooth

Yes it is bad.... I had to jump on the train today and could barely hear the damn headphones. My galaxy s 2 never had that problem.... I'm sick.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast