Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

BobbyTheNinja

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 4 outputs much lower volume through AUX than the Galaxy Nexus (although the Nexus 4's Speaker volume is just fine and loud). I always use the AUX on the phone and listen to music in my car. At max volume, the Nexus 4 is nowhere near the Galaxy Nexus' max volume. I put my car on its max volume and it isn't loud enough on the Nexus 4. I have looked everywhere for a temporary fix but can't find any (hopefully Google eventually fixes this in the next software update). Anyone know of any? I have tried several volume boosting apps and they don't work on the Nexus 4.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Also I don't mean to highjack the thread but do you guys notice how the auxillary port is a little crooked? When you plug in headphones or anything it's not straight but slightly tilted to the left... or is that just mine? I've been a little paranoid it's just my phone

jmudrick

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Something is off. My Foxl external speakers which worked fine with the GNex can't make a proper connection using the aux jack in the N4. Aaargggh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Also I don't mean to highjack the thread but do you guys notice how the auxillary port is a little crooked? When you plug in headphones or anything it's not straight but slightly tilted to the left... or is that just mine? I've been a little paranoid it's just my phone

yea it is slightly to the left but i mean its just the design

techlover757

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
you have to plug in your charger. once you have your charger plugged in it will be loud.....but will have alot of static. i think im gonna buy a special shielded cable Aux cable. Amazon.com: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone, including iPhone 4S: MP3 Players & Accessories
or a bluetooth kit

kinda dont like the fact that i have to buy something to make my phone work, but i have faith google will acknowledge issues and dosomething about it

I've played it plugged in and not and on my phone it makes no difference. This is the only issue I'm having with this phone I hope it's a software thing :eek:

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
alright guys, here's what i did. I used the same music player, and was switching between the same song on my n4 and my galaxy s with my klipsch x10 headphones. First I checked how many times I need to press the "up" button to get to max volume. It was 15 times for both phones. I compared volume levels on both after pushing the "up" button 7 times from no volume. I found the galaxy s to be louder. I pushed the volume up button again on the n4 (so 8 times up from no volume) and it's exactly the same volume as the galaxy s (7 times up from no volume). I'm assuming plugging into a car would mimic the same scenario, so not a big deal for me.

BobbyTheNinja

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Accidentally deleted my other post... Lol wow. Well plugging in the charger barely makes a difference and neither does the Bluetooth kit.

Last edited:

BobbyTheNinja

May 17, 2010
Visit site
alright guys, here's what i did. I used the same music player, and was switching between the same song on my n4 and my galaxy s with my klipsch x10 headphones. First I checked how many times I need to press the "up" button to get to max volume. It was 15 times for both phones. I compared volume levels on both after pushing the "up" button 7 times from no volume. I found the galaxy s to be louder. I pushed the volume up button again on the n4 (so 8 times up from no volume) and it's exactly the same volume as the galaxy s (7 times up from no volume). I'm assuming plugging into a car would mimic the same scenario, so not a big deal for me.

What music player did you use? The Google Play Music default one?

SportsAndTV

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The volume on this phone sucks for sure, compared to my nexus 7 and Evo. I would have to think this is a hardware issue since the Nexus 7 has the same software. I'm extremely unhappy about this as I listen to a ton of podcast. Playing the same podcast (using doggCatcher) on all three on my home stereo, the Evo and Nexus 7 have very similar results and the Nexus 4 is extremely lower.

BobbyTheNinja

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I used "PlayerPro" and was listening to a Breaking Benjamin track

Now I see what you're saying. My problem is that at max volume, the Nexus 4 isn't nearly as loud as most other phones. I have to put the volume of my car radio at its max. I never had to do that with the Galaxy Nexus and it was still much louder. Unfortunately there isn't a volume booster app that works yet on the Nexus 4 that I know about.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Now I see what you're saying. My problem is that at max volume, the Nexus 4 isn't nearly as loud as most other phones. I have to put the volume of my car radio at its max. I never had to do that with the Galaxy Nexus and it was still much louder. Unfortunately there isn't a volume booster app that works yet on the Nexus 4 that I know about.

hmm well I use playerpro in the car too so the point of my test was to see how the volume compares to my previous phone while using headphones, and i found that they were exactly the same when the n4 was raised one volume level higher. so in the car I would assume like a car radio volume level of 17 with my old phone will be the same as a car radio volume level of 20 with the n4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital