Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont live in a village. I don't listen to audio book (and who is stopping you from getting earphones btw), and I have an AUX system in my car to help me with my GPS.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i am also having an issue with this... my phone is my primary music source... mostly used for aux with headphones or in my car, not worried about the external speaker as much. but the volume is way too low!!! couldnt even use it to listen to music at a social gathering last night because plugged into a bose wave radio, it was maxed out and still too quiet for us to hear !!! its a joke! so we had to hook up an old ipod which sounded 10x better, quite embarrassing, my brand new nexus doesnt compare to a 4 year old ipod in sound quality... WTF google?

any fixes for this yet?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried the AUX jack connected to my car stereo and my home stereo and I had no problems with volume at all. Ny home stereo nearly blew out my ears and my car stereo was just as good as if I was listening to me iPod. I also tried out the bluetooth on my Nexus 4 with my car stereo and the volume was also just as good.

The only time I have had a problem with low audio is when using a headset on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the issue is definately more prevalent with headphones... but it is an all around aux out problem... the phone doesnt know the difference between your car and your headphones... i did find that using poweramp or winamp, and adjusting the EQ, it helps quite a bit. only fix so far w/o rooting and using noozy

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
+1

This is one of the few gripes I have about the phone. however, I just had a JVC stereo installed in my older accord, and I use the N4 with it over Bluetooth and the volume is just fine on that device. Where I do get a little frustrated is around the home where I've got some older computer style speaker set ups, with a 3.5mm plug, in different rooms. On those speakers, the volume--even on max--isnt high enough, and is actually rather low when compared to how loud they used to be with my iPhone. Hope its addressed in an update if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

That's because, from what I've read, the problem is specifically with the headphone/aux plug. There are several custom kernels out there that allow you to adjust the gain. I believe the Franco's kernel allows this. I know there are some people here that say that want to remain completely stock. My question to you is this - why?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any hard stats but I can tell you that my N4 and GS3 have drastically lower volume when plugged into headphones and AUX compared to my iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

neanderth4l

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I too wish the volume on the phone was significantly higher. I DO NOT want to root my phone or modify it in any way in order to get better sound volume.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed with my BT speaker, I get higher volume via Bluetooth vs plugging into the headphone jack.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Michael Morris2

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
This is my problem, my walk to work is on a busy street and when traffic is going it's pretty hard to hear podcasts, especially because podcasts have such a wide range of broadcasting volume. I'm wondering how legit these volume booster apps are, sounds like some people here dismiss them as an electronic placebo

You might living in village. In the city , you guys, it almost impossible to listen audio books or use navigation. Waiting for software fix!!!!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering how legit these volume booster apps are, sounds like some people here dismiss them as an electronic placebo

Android 4.2 broke them all so they are certainly now all placebo on the n4...

[edit:] To be clear, I am talking about apps, not flashable mods which I have no experience with.

siegbert

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, when i listen to my nexus in my car thru bluetooth then there's no problem, when I connect to the aux connection the music is a lot less loud.
Sucks big time since my home stereo doesn't have bluetooth :(

Chris Cable

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is bad.... I had to jump on the train today and could barely hear the damn headphones. My galaxy s 2 never had that problem.... I'm sick.

DingleGrott

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix. A SOLUTION!

I had the same problem most people in this thread have, and like most I looked at the various attempted solutions and had just about given up. I actually found the solution in my case while playing with NFC Task Launcher out of curiosity. I'd decided to have a play with NFC tags so installed NFC Task Launcher. Creating my first tag I selected sound and volume and checked media volume and system volume and hit next. I set both to max. System showed as 7 and media as an underlined exclamation mark. I then hit the right arrow and then the top right tick mark to save. I didn't actually have any tags to write but found the menu lets you run them without a tag. After running the sound from aux out was excellent. I can now hear my sat nav instructions very loud and music too loud even for me, and I am hearing impaired!. Tickled pink!

Hope this helps someone else.

AVrobin58

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem most people in this thread have, and like most I looked at the various attempted solutions and had just about given up. I actually found the solution in my case while playing with NFC Task Launcher out of curiosity. I'd decided to have a play with NFC tags so installed NFC Task Launcher. Creating my first tag I selected sound and volume and checked media volume and system volume and hit next. I set both to max. System showed as 7 and media as an underlined exclamation mark. I then hit the right arrow and then the top right tick mark to save. I didn't actually have any tags to write but found the menu lets you run them without a tag. After running the sound from aux out was excellent. I can now hear my sat nav instructions very loud and music too loud even for me, and I am hearing impaired!. Tickled pink!

This worked for me! I did every as stated above and tried using the aux port in my car and finally the volume is at a hearable level. Thanks so much for this tip!

erickmind

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Can you help me? I didn't succeed doing this procedure to increase the volume on my Nexus 4... I'm not sure if I did it correctly, but can you explain me in parts what to do?

erickmind

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Can you please explain that for me in parts... Didn't work for me but maybe because I did it incorrectly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34