Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BobbyTheNinja's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

    Default Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    The Nexus 4 outputs much lower volume through AUX than the Galaxy Nexus (although the Nexus 4's Speaker volume is just fine and loud). I always use the AUX on the phone and listen to music in my car. At max volume, the Nexus 4 is nowhere near the Galaxy Nexus' max volume. I put my car on its max volume and it isn't loud enough on the Nexus 4. I have looked everywhere for a temporary fix but can't find any (hopefully Google eventually fixes this in the next software update). Anyone know of any? I have tried several volume boosting apps and they don't work on the Nexus 4.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Same issue I have. My old iPhone 4 is around double the volume, hopefully it can be fixed by software and not a hardware issue.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    I'm pretty sure there's a setting for "safe headset volume". Try finding that and turning it off.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    I'm having the same issue, it's not terrible but it's not nearly as loud as my old iPhone. Also I couldn't find any "safe volume" setting
  5. #5  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    I'm having the same issue, it's not terrible but it's not nearly as loud as my old iPhone. Also I couldn't find any "safe volume" setting
    i thought it was somewhat quieter than my galaxy s but i just shrugged it off. will check again and report back.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Also I don't mean to highjack the thread but do you guys notice how the auxillary port is a little crooked? When you plug in headphones or anything it's not straight but slightly tilted to the left... or is that just mine? I've been a little paranoid it's just my phone
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Something is off. My Foxl external speakers which worked fine with the GNex can't make a proper connection using the aux jack in the N4. Aaargggh.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Also I don't mean to highjack the thread but do you guys notice how the auxillary port is a little crooked? When you plug in headphones or anything it's not straight but slightly tilted to the left... or is that just mine? I've been a little paranoid it's just my phone
    yea it is slightly to the left but i mean its just the design
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    FYourProblems likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Try using poweramp is a music player as well as an equalizer.. Very good at that as well..
    FYourProblems likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    yea it is slightly to the left but i mean its just the design
    Thanks for confirming, I just wanted to make sure it's not me
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    you have to plug in your charger. once you have your charger plugged in it will be loud.....but will have alot of static. i think im gonna buy a special shielded cable Aux cable. Amazon.com: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone, including iPhone 4S: MP3 Players & Accessories
    or a bluetooth kit

    kinda dont like the fact that i have to buy something to make my phone work, but i have faith google will acknowledge issues and dosomething about it
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by techlover757 View Post
    you have to plug in your charger. once you have your charger plugged in it will be loud.....but will have alot of static. i think im gonna buy a special shielded cable Aux cable. Amazon.com: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone, including iPhone 4S: MP3 Players & Accessories
    or a bluetooth kit

    kinda dont like the fact that i have to buy something to make my phone work, but i have faith google will acknowledge issues and dosomething about it
    I've played it plugged in and not and on my phone it makes no difference. This is the only issue I'm having with this phone I hope it's a software thing
  13. #13  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Thanks for confirming, I just wanted to make sure it's not me
    haha no problem
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  14. #14  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    alright guys, here's what i did. I used the same music player, and was switching between the same song on my n4 and my galaxy s with my klipsch x10 headphones. First I checked how many times I need to press the "up" button to get to max volume. It was 15 times for both phones. I compared volume levels on both after pushing the "up" button 7 times from no volume. I found the galaxy s to be louder. I pushed the volume up button again on the n4 (so 8 times up from no volume) and it's exactly the same volume as the galaxy s (7 times up from no volume). I'm assuming plugging into a car would mimic the same scenario, so not a big deal for me.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    BobbyTheNinja's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Accidentally deleted my other post... Lol wow. Well plugging in the charger barely makes a difference and neither does the Bluetooth kit.
    Last edited by BobbyTheNinja; 12-11-2012 at 09:53 PM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    BobbyTheNinja's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    alright guys, here's what i did. I used the same music player, and was switching between the same song on my n4 and my galaxy s with my klipsch x10 headphones. First I checked how many times I need to press the "up" button to get to max volume. It was 15 times for both phones. I compared volume levels on both after pushing the "up" button 7 times from no volume. I found the galaxy s to be louder. I pushed the volume up button again on the n4 (so 8 times up from no volume) and it's exactly the same volume as the galaxy s (7 times up from no volume). I'm assuming plugging into a car would mimic the same scenario, so not a big deal for me.
    What music player did you use? The Google Play Music default one?
  17. #17  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyTheNinja View Post
    What music player did you use? The Google Play Music default one?
    I used "PlayerPro" and was listening to a Breaking Benjamin track
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    The volume on this phone sucks for sure, compared to my nexus 7 and Evo. I would have to think this is a hardware issue since the Nexus 7 has the same software. I'm extremely unhappy about this as I listen to a ton of podcast. Playing the same podcast (using doggCatcher) on all three on my home stereo, the Evo and Nexus 7 have very similar results and the Nexus 4 is extremely lower.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    BobbyTheNinja's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    I used "PlayerPro" and was listening to a Breaking Benjamin track
    Now I see what you're saying. My problem is that at max volume, the Nexus 4 isn't nearly as loud as most other phones. I have to put the volume of my car radio at its max. I never had to do that with the Galaxy Nexus and it was still much louder. Unfortunately there isn't a volume booster app that works yet on the Nexus 4 that I know about.
  20. #20  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyTheNinja View Post
    Now I see what you're saying. My problem is that at max volume, the Nexus 4 isn't nearly as loud as most other phones. I have to put the volume of my car radio at its max. I never had to do that with the Galaxy Nexus and it was still much louder. Unfortunately there isn't a volume booster app that works yet on the Nexus 4 that I know about.
    hmm well I use playerpro in the car too so the point of my test was to see how the volume compares to my previous phone while using headphones, and i found that they were exactly the same when the n4 was raised one volume level higher. so in the car I would assume like a car radio volume level of 17 with my old phone will be the same as a car radio volume level of 20 with the n4.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Some songs are louder than others but I regularly have to put the phone and the car stereo up all the way, and even then I'd like it a little louder.
  22. #22  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyTheNinja View Post
    Now I see what you're saying. My problem is that at max volume, the Nexus 4 isn't nearly as loud as most other phones. I have to put the volume of my car radio at its max. I never had to do that with the Galaxy Nexus and it was still much louder. Unfortunately there isn't a volume booster app that works yet on the Nexus 4 that I know about.
    do the test i did and see if your results are in accordance with mine.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  23. #23  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Some songs are louder than others but I regularly have to put the phone and the car stereo up all the way, and even then I'd like it a little louder.
    what about with headphones?
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  24. #24  
    Exergy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    I haven't noticed any issues.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    BobbyTheNinja's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Yakju 4.1.1

    Default Re: Nexus 4 low AUX volume temporary fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    do the test i did and see if your results are in accordance with mine.
    Ok I did your test with headphones. It seems like between volume levels 12/13 (out of 15) on the Galaxy Nexus matches the Nexus 4's maxed out 15/15 volume.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Low speaker volume on Galaxy Nexus
    By Sriman in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 01:07 AM
  2. Good news about low speaker volume
    By CBCstillmatic in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 08:43 AM
  3. Low earpice volume fix...
    By ConceptVBS in forum T-Mobile Vibrant
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM
  4. Low initial volume when powering up Bluetooth
    By Amphicar in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
  5. How's the Nexus One's Volume???
    By briankeith513 in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions