Order now and be put in queue?

wc123

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok so here's my situation: I'm ready to order the phone now (6-7 weeks to ship). I would like some opinions on whether I should do this or not. If not, how long should I wait? Do you think it's even worth it at this point and should I just go with another phone and sign a contract?

UPDATE: Ordered, received confirmation!
UPDATE 2: Got email from Google today saying it has already shipped. Ordered SIM kit, super excited!

Last edited:

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok so here's my situation: I'm ready to order the phone now (6-7 weeks to ship). I would like some opinions on whether I should do this or not. If not, how long should I wait? Do you think it's even worth it at this point and should I just go with another phone and sign a contract?

First of all personally i dont like signing contracts so if you ask me it's better to buy a phone, any phone and not sign a contract. The huge advantage that the N4 has regarding this is the low price.

Now about the shipping time, 6-7 weeks is almost 2 months which is a very long time in which i believe there will be stock available without the wait.
In my point of view there are several reasons for the long wait now:
1. Google did not prepare correctly to the demand OR want to make a buzz around the phone.
2. This is before the holidays so a lot of people buy the phone as a gift due to the relatively low price.

In the next couple of weeks more and more people will receive the phone and i believe that part of them ordered it to resell it so that will put some stock on the market. I know few people that bought the device from craigslist for example.

If you ask me (and of course i may be wrong) in a couple of weeks time (3-4 maybe) the phone will be available in Google Play store with only few days shipping time.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Get in the cue man. If a few weeks pass and you have a change of heart you can always cancel the order. Unfortunately, with this Nexus 4, its best to order while you can or face being locked out completely. But make sure this is absolutely the phone you want, otherwise it might not be worth the wait. The only thing for sure is that the next Nexus will be out in a year, so unless you want to wait a year, get in the cue.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: Ordered, received confirmation!

You should be patient and do the 6-7 weeks. You can buy it on ebay for 500 or so or you can go to verizon. I'm pretty sure their stock is up but it's 200 with a contract which probably isn't worth it in the long run. If you want it before christmas, ebay.
Order now though like you said, you can cancel whenever

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems also like a lot of people are receiving their phones early. I ordered with a 2-3 week shipping estimate, got it in a week and a half

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It might be because Google is stupid and gave people that ordered on the 4th on the 7th....

Yeah I think they acknowledged the screw-up, that only happened for a slim window of orders. I ordered on the 27th though and got it yesterday, actually arrived a day before the original estimated ship date

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think they acknowledged the screw-up, that only happened for a slim window of orders. I ordered on the 27th though and got it yesterday, actually arrived a day before the original estimated ship date

Yeah, your instance might actually be GOOGLE HAS BEEN SMART AND INCREASED PRODUCTION but it's not that big of a change! I'm not sure when mine would arrived (hesitated on the 27th and bought on the 29th with 4-5 weeks) but I hope soon! I'm obsessing over this phone, mostly since I sold my ipod and now i don't have a mobile device.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, your instance might actually be GOOGLE HAS BEEN SMART AND INCREASED PRODUCTION but it's not that big of a change! I'm not sure when mine would arrived (hesitated on the 27th and bought on the 29th with 4-5 weeks) but I hope soon! I'm obsessing over this phone, mostly since I sold my ipod and now i don't have a mobile device.

I think that right now the thing that bugs me the most is the lack of communication with customers! I'm guessing they receive A LOT of phone calls and emails everyday asking lots of different questions regarding shipping, stock and what not.
How about giving a nice statement that will cover most questions?! This will stop most people from keep asking and your customer service will go up a bit. After all there are a lot of upset people that are just not sure what's going on with the reservation or with the funds on the credit card!

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think that right now the thing that bugs me the most is the lack of communication with customers! I'm guessing they receive A LOT of phone calls and emails everyday asking lots of different questions regarding shipping, stock and what not.
How about giving a nice statement that will cover most questions?! This will stop most people from keep asking and your customer service will go up a bit. After all there are a lot of upset people that are just not sure what's going on with the reservation or with the funds on the credit card!

Not sure what you mean, I mean they tell us the time frame it's going to arrive but the thing I didn't like is when they were going to put the Nexus 4 back in stock :/. We can all agree they ed up a lot.... They also didn't put a lot of information in the front. I would've ordered on the 27th when the shipping was 1-2 but I didn't know I could cancel the order :/.
Well we don't get charged on the credit card, if you check it just says Pending order or something

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, I mean they tell us the time frame it's going to arrive but the thing I didn't like is when they were going to put the Nexus 4 back in stock :/. We can all agree they ed up a lot.... They also didn't put a lot of information in the front. I would've ordered on the 27th when the shipping was 1-2 but I didn't know I could cancel the order :/.
Well we don't get charged on the credit card, if you check it just says Pending order or something

What i mean is simple, look at the forum and see how many people called Google to ask them about shipping time and about stock. If when i purchased the phone they would told me that it's a pre-order than i would know that i dont order from existing stock and shipping will happen when stock will be available. Instead when i made the order i received an email telling me that shipping will be between 1-2 weeks. Now we are 8 days waiting and we can all understand that if the device was not shipped after 8 days it means that they dont have the stock, because there is no reason for them to have stock and just sit on it instead of sending it to people.

As i said before, communication is important, why not let people know what's going on and where we stand?!

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine. I am so glad I was patient and ordered through Google instead of letting scalpers take me for a bunch of money. I came from an iPhone 4 and after a day of learning the phone I am in love now. At first I wasn't entirely sold as it didn't seem as "intuitive" and easy to use as my iPhone, but I put "intuitive" in quotes is because the iPhone is so easy to use because it's a very simple phone. There are more buttons and way more stuff you could do with this one, overall I'm extremely satisfied!

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine. I am so glad I was patient and ordered through Google instead of letting scalpers take me for a bunch of money. I came from an iPhone 4 and after a day of learning the phone I am in love now. At first I wasn't entirely sold as it didn't seem as "intuitive" and easy to use as my iPhone, but I put "intuitive" in quotes is because the iPhone is so easy to use because it's a very simple phone. There are more buttons and way more stuff you could do with this one, overall I'm extremely satisfied!

Well I'm using my own money (even though I'm 16) so i'm savaging the best deals for a media player that can play games and access the internet. Nexus 4 was the best deal and the best bang for my buck. I mean Nexus 4 > iPhone 5 (debatable but it's around that) and the iPhone is almost twice as good as the iPod touch 5G on benchmark scores. 50 more bucks for a Nexus 4 where I can store up to 60 GB of music on google play? I'm in! Hardware is also amazing and I've fallen in love with how android looks now. I'll get used to an android soon enough though I was a bit confused on how it operates

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm using my own money (even though I'm 16) so i'm savaging the best deals for a media player that can play games and access the internet. Nexus 4 was the best deal and the best bang for my buck. I mean Nexus 4 > iPhone 5 (debatable but it's around that) and the iPhone is almost twice as good as the iPod touch 5G on benchmark scores. 50 more bucks for a Nexus 4 where I can store up to 60 GB of music on google play? I'm in! Hardware is also amazing and I've fallen in love with how android looks now. I'll get used to an android soon enough though I was a bit confused on how it operates

Well keep in mind that the 60 gigs will only be accessible on Wifi. Why not just use it as a phone too, don't you need a phone?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well keep in mind that the 60 gigs will only be accessible on Wifi. Why not just use it as a phone too, don't you need a phone?

I got a kyocera brio (really cheap not smart phone) and I share it with a family plan. Adding a smartphone would increase the family phone by a LOT. Not worth it, the phone is nice because I can use a phone app easily and I go many places with wifi. My house, school, friend's house all got wifi. I'm still storing about 7GB of music on the nexus 4 too so I got about another 7GB left for apps, videos, games and all the rest.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I got a kyocera brio (really cheap not smart phone) and I share it with a family plan. Adding a smartphone would increase the family phone by a LOT. Not worth it, the phone is nice because I can use a phone app easily and I go many places with wifi. My house, school, friend's house all got wifi. I'm still storing about 7GB of music on the nexus 4 too so I got about another 7GB left for apps, videos, games and all the rest.

I think a standard data package is $30 a month. I don't know if you work, just something to consider though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084