Nexus 4 Bumper Ordered December 11th Status and tracking

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like google is on the money without over selling this time. I reckon ebay prices will come down, it has seamed too today. I reckon soon there will be some other companies making cheap bumpers soon besides just cases (haven't seen any yet)

HKain7

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Received mine this morning. The bumper makes the phone just a tad, but noticeably, wider. It doesn't feel that comfortable in my hand but I just may need to give it some time to get used to. I will definitely put a protective skin on the back to be safe too.

It looks like i'm going to receive my bumper before I receive my phone. My Zagg invisible shield screen protectors just came in yesterday so I will just add the bumper to a pile of accessories for a phone I still didnt receive :x.

HKain7

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like google is on the money without over selling this time. I reckon ebay prices will come down, it has seamed too today. I reckon soon there will be some other companies making cheap bumpers soon besides just cases (haven't seen any yet)

Theres a company called Poetic that's making some but they wont ship until the 31st. They look pretty good for a fair price. The company is known for high quality cases.

Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Electronics

shahpratik19

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup..It says 1.2 lbs......placed n4 order on 29th.....guessing they might have bundled it....or they are just messing with us :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks like i'm going to receive my bumper before I receive my phone. My Zagg invisible shield screen protectors just came in yesterday so I will just add the bumper to a pile of accessories for a phone I still didnt receive :x.

You could think of it as a good thing. I had my phone before my s line case and screen protector and for about a week I had mini heart attacks. Took a couple of minor tumbles but came through aces. A know it is a minor minor minor comfort compared to waiting for the phone, but its the bright side, dim though it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Theres a company called Poetic that's making some but they wont ship until the 31st. They look pretty good for a fair price. The company is known for high quality cases.

Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Electronics

I'd be getting that Poetic bumper if I didn't mind waiting and paying a little more for the OEM one (and darn it, missed it when it popped up available for oh-so-short a time). I bought a slim case from them for my Nexus 7 when it first launched, and their first batch had a couple of minor issues ('smart' function). Without even prompting them, they mailed out a corrected batch at no charge to all those who'd received the initially defective lot. When those made it out, they made a small design improvement (to the folding flap), and then shipped those out, again for free and without being prompted.

They really are a very service-oriented company with a think-forward approach to doing business, and very much deserve their reputation.

HKain7

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You could think of it as a good thing. I had my phone before my s line case and screen protector and for about a week I had mini heart attacks. Took a couple of minor tumbles but came through aces. A know it is a minor minor minor comfort compared to waiting for the phone, but its the bright side, dim though it is.

Yeah I kinda looked at it that way when I ordered the Invisible Shield so i guess its a plus. But the wait for the Nexus 4 is killing. Gotta suck it up though!

HKain7

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd be getting that Poetic bumper if I didn't mind waiting and paying a little more for the OEM one (and darn it, missed it when it popped up available for oh-so-short a time). I bought a slim case from them for my Nexus 7 when it first launched, and their first batch had a couple of minor issues ('smart' function). Without even prompting them, they mailed out a corrected batch at no charge to all those who'd received the initially defective lot. When those made it out, they made a small design improvement (to the folding flap), and then shipped those out, again for free and without being prompted.

I bought the Poetic bumper before the Nexus 4 Bumper was back in stock just in case the OEM bumper took too long to get back in stock I would have a bumper to fall back on.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine was delivered at 330pm and left at my door. I need to get home from work to check it out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on the 11th just received it today.

Quick observations:
  • Phone feels a little wider, but I'm sure this is something I just need to get used to. Old case was thinner.
  • The "chrome" band has less grip to it than I expected.
  • The textured rubber on the bumper fells nice, but it also doesn't have the grip I was expecting.
  • The fit is super snug
  • Power button and volume rocker presses feel great. Almost like the bumper isn't even there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy