***NEWB*** Question about battery use - NOT DRAIN specific

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have charged my phone a total of 3 times since I received it last Saturday. My question is this: How does the time cycle work from the time you unplug it to the time you plug it back in. For instance, I unplugged my fully 100% charged phone last night at 8pm. This morning at 6am it was at 85%, but the use was just 4 hours. This does not make sense to me. I would think that from the time you unplug to the time you replug/charge this is the time of use. Can someone clarify if I am just crazy or missing something.

Thanks.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this helps, but the one factor that users seem to put the most stock in is "screen on" time. I could let my phone stay in stand-by mode, not use it, and get over 2 or 3 days before the battery dies. However, on a full charge if I have medium to heavy use(5-7hrs), screen on time, I am pretty content with a full day on a charge. Eveyones batt life will vary and there's a million things that affect it(wakelocks, sync time, background processes blah blah blah). I know I'm not directly answering your question, but again, I think the thing that matters most is screen on time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely like to know the answer to this question. I was recommended battery monitoring widget, it's excellent!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What you should do is that in the first time using a phone you should condition the battery. Run the battery to 0 and then charge it up ,repeat a couple times with no hard apps (battery consuming apps) and it'll be conditioned. But yeah, I don't know how to solve your problem, just saying you should condition the battery

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
What you should do is that in the first time using a phone you should condition the battery. Run the battery to 0 and then charge it up ,repeat a couple times with no hard apps (battery consuming apps) and it'll be conditioned. But yeah, I don't know how to solve your problem, just saying you should condition the battery

This process was good for previous generation batteries, modern ones in use today don't benefit from conditioning. You can just start charging and using from Day 1.

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
most recent check of the battery has the time almost current.
Screenshot_2012-12-12-19-31-50.png

Last edited:

accesschristopher

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I was getting amazing battery 16+, now i am lucky to get 9 hours with screen on for 2 hours. Same apps, and same settings. The only thing i can think of is, that maybe while at work my phone is seaching for signal, I wish there was a setting where it wouldnt eat battery life:(

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was getting amazing battery 16+, now i am lucky to get 9 hours with screen on for 2 hours. Same apps, and same settings. The only thing i can think of is, that maybe while at work my phone is seaching for signal, I wish there was a setting where it wouldnt eat battery life:(

The juice defender app helps me a lot. Automatically turns off data when I'm connected to a wifi.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums