- 7 Posts
Sharing contact info via text (vcard)
I don't know if this should be as frustrating as I'm making it but I can't figure out how to share someone's contact info via text with the stock android messaging app.
I've always used Handcent before and it was simple to attach someone's info and send it to someone else. How the hell do you do on the stock android messaging app?!
If I go to my contacts and share, there's no option for messaging!
- 12-12-2012, 06:12 PM #2
- 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM #3
- 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM #5
Re: Sharing contact info via text (vcard)
For the moment, the only practical solution seems to be to share the vcf by email instead of text.
If you can convince all of your friends to install WhatsApp that would be a solution as well. When installed, WhatsApp shows up in People's "Share contact via..." list.
I use WhatsApp so I can exchange messages (primarily) with my wife and son while I am at work. I have good Wi-Fi in my office but zero T-Mobile connection. WhatsApp sends SMS and MMS over any available data connection so it works in my office, at home (over Wi-Fi) or on the road whereever I have a cellular data connection.
- By shobuddy in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 4Last Post: 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
- By muziqaz in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
- By jtmeyers in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2011, 03:46 PM
- By popsc.comp in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-18-2010, 01:56 AM
- By Im Bakes in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 8Last Post: 11-20-2009, 02:07 PM