View Poll Results: Are you 100% sure your n4 doesn't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm 100% I don't have any noises coming from the earpiece

67 47.52%
  • I definitely have it, but am at peace with it

67 47.52%
  • I'm not sure, I need to check for it

7 4.96%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

I can only hear two things from my N4 earpiece, jack and s**t. So no issues for me. In other news, TV's, lights, and a host of other electrical items that carry current can have low hums, buzzing, or crackling. However, two cans and a string do not exhibit this issue.
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha-

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

I have buzzing coming from the earpiece but it's not an issue for me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jian9007 View Post
    I can only hear two things from my N4 earpiece, jack and s**t. So no issues for me. In other news, TV's, lights, and a host of other electrical items that carry current can have low hums, buzzing, or crackling. However, two cans and a string do not exhibit this issue.
    just ordered my cans and string from amazon
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    karmamule likes this.

No I haven't been actively reading the forums

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It just sounds hollow to me, you know kind of like when you put a sea shell up to your ear. I don't notice anything on calls.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

That "buzzing and clicking" noise from the earpiece is cell network static not the earpiece. Just tested today by playing a downloaded podcast through the earpiece and same noises did not happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    danimal62 likes this.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Mine is always buzzing but you have to pay a lot of attention. Not really an issue for me but I wonder if it's taking battery juice.

Has a cause of the buzzing been determined? I have been noticing it more and more with my phone. At first it was only very soft but it seems to have gotten slightly louder, although the volume of the buzzing seems to vary and is intermittent. I don't plan on trying to get a replacement, but it is a bit annoying at times.

I have had this phone for two months now and have not noticed that I have a buzz in the earpiece until today. Mainly because I never sat there and listened to my phone while not on a call. Much like the rattling from shaking the phone, for me its not a problem. I have not noticed any of these "issues" until someone else brought it up.
    Motorola M70>Samsung N400>Sanyo MM7500>Sanyo A900>Blackberry Pearl>Blackberry Storm>HTC ThunderBolt>Nexus 4>Motorola DROID Maxx
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    Has a cause of the buzzing been determined? I have been noticing it more and more with my phone. At first it was only very soft but it seems to have gotten slightly louder, although the volume of the buzzing seems to vary and is intermittent. I don't plan on trying to get a replacement, but it is a bit annoying at times.
    i went through some replacements trying to get one without the buzzing, but all of them had it. i'm just dealing with it now, it never was a huge deal to begin with but it can get kind of annoying.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rjfarrow View Post
    I have had this phone for two months now and have not noticed that I have a buzz in the earpiece until today. Mainly because I never sat there and listened to my phone while not on a call. Much like the rattling from shaking the phone, for me its not a problem. I have not noticed any of these "issues" until someone else brought it up.
    i would have never thought the rattle thing was an "issue" but i think i would have eventually noticed the buzzing thing even if someone else didnt bring it up

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you 100% sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    Nexus 4 -- no
    Galaxy Nexus -- yes
    iPhone 4 -- yes
    Galaxy S II -- yes
    Galaxy Note -- yes
    Vibrant -- no
    Vibrant 4G -- no
    One X -- no
    One S -- yes
    Nexus One -- no
    Nexus S -- no

And OP is right. I would have never noticed it in any of the phones until someone told me to check.
    Jerry it could also be that that family of bees living in your beard come out every now and again and are infiltrating your phone.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

I still don't hear anything (had since 12-13-12). What exactly do you do to scope it out?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I still don't hear anything (had since 12-13-12). What exactly do you do to scope it out?
    you just have to listen.... but as shown on the poll many dont have it so looks like your good bro

What happened then - did anyone try for a replacement?

I get a buzzing but only during a phone call - it's a buzzing that comes out at the same time as any sound. It's like something is vibrating with the sound.

It's finally started to irritate me enough to start the replacement procedure even though I'm not sure if it'll be any better. Worth a try.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Miffo View Post
    What happened then - did anyone try for a replacement?

I get a buzzing but only during a phone call - it's a buzzing that comes out at the same time as any sound. It's like something is vibrating with the sound.

It's finally started to irritate me enough to start the replacement procedure even though I'm not sure if it'll be any better. Worth a try.
    all the replacements i went through had it but maybe you will have better luck. i gave up a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    all the replacements i went through had it but maybe you will have better luck. i gave up a while ago
    It arrived a day late due to a typical TNT -up but I must have been lucky - no buzz. I'm in the UK and the phone came from Ireland (as the first one did).
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

I have the same problem with the n4 i bought 2 days ago , along with the issue of a loose part near the earpiece. I was told by a friend that there was a one particular batch of n4's that all have these problems but i too am not sure whether or not getting a replacement will solve these issues

Getting a replacement may or may not fix it. Getting one will cost you nothing. So where is the decision?

I can hear it when I put my ear up to it and when I'm on the phone. Don't talk much, so not a big issue for me. I'm 100% happy with the rest of the phone.

I am hearing the buzzing noise from the earpiece as well, unfortunately Not sure if I want to go with the whole replacement thing though.

i m planning to buy a nexus 4, should i go for it or search for another phone?
    i need ur suggestions as a N4 user. thanq

Wait....you're hearing a buzzing noise when you hold the phone to your ear when NOT on a call?????

If you don't hear the noise when you're on a call I really have to ask how is that a problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes, after a night of hard drinking -- especially double shots of tequila and Crown -- you can get a buzzing in your ears. Or is that after going to a really loud concert? I dunno...

Anyhow, so have you been drinking before using your phone? You know you should never talk while hammered; it makes you say all kinds of crazy sh...

Global Posts
    1,156 Global Posts

I hear it more (obviously) when I'm on a call. But, I do hear this sound from the earpiece when not on a call and I put it to my ear (to test it for this tread). Never noticed that and thought it was just a call issue.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast