Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you 100% sure your n4 doesn't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm 100% I don't have any noises coming from the earpiece

67 47.52%
  • I definitely have it, but am at peace with it

67 47.52%
  • I'm not sure, I need to check for it

7 4.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

So like many, my n4 has noises coming from the earpiece, even when not making calls. The "crackling" noise or "buzzing" gets more and more obvious as call volume is increased. I asked Google for a replacement, but I am seeing some people get replacements that have the same problem. I'm not sure if I should keep my current phone or ask for another one if the replacement has the same thing. It's really not that bad, but I'd obviously rather have one that doesn't have it. I really want to see if people actually don't have it, or have it and just don't realize. Knowing the prevalence of this will be very useful. So vote, and thanks for your time!
    Last edited by bobjohnson201; 12-12-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you 100% sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

Just a little information, not everyone has been recieving this buzzing but many people have. THere are some people saying it's a software issue (we can't be sure since 4.2 hasn't rolled out to any other phones) but some say it is the hardware. It might be the hardware but some people have got a replacement phone without avail of solving the issue, having the buzzing still in the replacment. Might just be bad luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you 100% sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

yea i want to know if people really don't have it or they just don't know that they have it. i didn't notice mine till the 4th day. it can be missed easily since it's not very audible, especially in rooms with a moderate-high level of noise. hardware issue makes more sense to me honestly
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Wait, so your saying people may have it but not know it and they should look or listen harder to find a problem they didn't know they had and hasn't been bothering them? Am I reading this right?
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Wait, so your saying people may have it but not know it and they should look or listen harder to find a problem they didn't know they had and hasn't been bothering them? Am I reading this right?
    This "issue" has been publicized many times, not only in these forums but all over the web. I just want to know how prevalent it is, so I will have a better sense on what to do if the replacement has the same thing. This is not new news. I can basically guarantee you at least 80% of everyone here checked for it already.
    Last edited by bobjohnson201; 12-12-2012 at 05:29 PM.

I don't have any noticeable buzzing in mine

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Nexus 4 -- no
    Galaxy Nexus -- yes
    iPhone 4 -- yes
    Galaxy S II -- yes
    Galaxy Note -- yes
    Vibrant -- no
    Vibrant 4G -- no
    One X -- no
    One S -- yes
    Nexus One -- no
    Nexus S -- no

And OP is right. I would have never noticed it in any of the phones until someone told me to check.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    Nexus 4 -- no
    Galaxy Nexus -- yes
    iPhone 4 -- yes
    Galaxy S II -- yes
    Galaxy Note -- yes
    Vibrant -- no
    Vibrant 4G -- no
    One X -- no
    One S -- yes
    Nexus One -- no
    Nexus S -- no

And OP is right. I would have never noticed it in any of the phones until someone told me to check.
    So since you didn't notice it until you tried to notice it, would you consider it a problem or issue? I mean now that you know it's there I'm sure it's an issue. I'm asking before you knew it was there was it an issue?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    Nexus 4 -- no
    Galaxy Nexus -- yes
    iPhone 4 -- yes
    Galaxy S II -- yes
    Galaxy Note -- yes
    Vibrant -- no
    Vibrant 4G -- no
    One X -- no
    One S -- yes
    Nexus One -- no
    Nexus S -- no

are some worse than others or all about the same?

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

My Nexus 4 has a slight buzzing noise, while my GSIII does not.

Didn't notice it until I read this thread and checked. Some things are best left unknown.

Sent from my SGSIII
    bobjohnson201 and spNiku like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    My Nexus 4 has a slight buzzing noise, while my GSIII does not.

Didn't notice it until I read this thread and checked. Some things are best left unknown.

Sent from my SGSIII
    i wouldn't have noticed mine either if i hadn't read so many things from this site...

Mine has it but I didn't notice it before I checked because of this thread so I can't say I see it as a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by promanex View Post
    Mine has it but I didn't notice it before I checked because of this thread so I can't say I see it as a problem.

This

My phone only makes a noise when the screen is on.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimusv View Post
    My phone only makes a noise when the screen is on.
    what about during calls?

- - - Updated - - -

This
    i can live with it but would obviously prefer not to have it

I swear I should not read these forums.
    Yes I do have a slight buzzing but I've got to press the speaker to my ear to hear it. The only way I could be sure was to compare after turning the phone off. Never noticed buzzing on calls and I keep the volume bear max all the time.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dobiegillis View Post
    I swear I should not read these forums.
    Yes I do have a slight buzzing but I've got to press the speaker to my ear to hear it. The only way I could be sure was to compare after turning the phone off. Never noticed buzzing on calls and I keep the volume bear max all the time.

you've never heard about this till now? i can't count how many times i've read about this and the rattle on these forums alone.

I hear some buzzing from the screen if I listen really closely with minimal ambient noise. But if I move my ear up to the speaker I hear nothing. Honestly it sounds like the sound a lot of screens make.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

I have buzzing... It buzzes even when there is no call. Buzz all the time. It's a little annoying but my iPhone dies it. So dies my Books backup flip phone. Seems rather common...

Sent from my Nexus 7
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nexus 4 Owners - Are you sure you don't have any "buzzing" or noises from the earpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    I have buzzing... It buzzes even when there is no call. Buzz all the time. It's a little annoying but my iPhone dies it. So dies my Books backup flip phone. Seems rather common...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    yeah it does unfortunately... which buzzes louder?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Xelion View Post
    I hear some buzzing from the screen if I listen really closely with minimal ambient noise. But if I move my ear up to the speaker I hear nothing. Honestly it sounds like the sound a lot of screens make.
    by speaker you mean earpiece right? if so, then you're in the clear

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    by speaker you mean earpiece right? if so, then you're in the clear
    Assuming by earpiece we mean the one built into the phone and not some earbud, then yep. No static/buzzing there.

No buzzing from my phone.

No buzzing sound noticed even after reading all the reports

Sent from my Nexus 4

I can only here it faintly when putting the phone to my ear. Otherwise, no biggie.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast