Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yfan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice number not showing on recipients caller ID with Nexus 4

I've been trying to have my Google Voice number show on caller id's of the people I call. When I call a number using GV, the number that comes up in the caller ID is some "middle number" with a different area code. I've tried looking all over the internet for a solution. I was thinking of porting my number to GV but not if the people I call can't see my number. Any help would be great!

Default Re: Google Voice number not showing on recipients caller ID with Nexus 4

How are you dialing them? Stock dialer or GV? Have you checked all the settings on the GV app?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google Voice number not showing on recipients caller ID with Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    How are you dialing them? Stock dialer or GV? Have you checked all the settings on the GV app?

In my GV app settings I have "Use Google Voice to make all calls" and then I'm using the stock dialer. When I make a call with one of my contacts the dialer says "calling via google voice" and I can see "middle number" being dialed. Are the people you're calling seeing your GV number when you call them?

Quote Originally Posted by sdchargers12 View Post
    In my GV app settings I have "Use Google Voice to make all calls" and then I'm using the stock dialer. When I make a call with one of my contacts the dialer says "calling via google voice" and I can see "middle number" being dialed. Are the people you're calling seeing your GV number when you call them?
    Yes, that's strange. It works perfectly for me with the same setup.

You wouldn't happen to be on ?
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdchargers12 View Post
    This is exactly how it is supposed to work. GV does dial a middle number, which actually calls the GV system and tells it what number to call (it corresponds that number and your actual phone number to direct to the intended recipient). On your recipient's end, they will see your GV number.
    Thanked by:
    andr0idralphie likes this.