Reason For Concern?

krsgdlw

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Nexus 4 at 3 AM December 12th with 2-day delivery. Mind you, Google had a 5 -6 week estimated ship date in the Play Store but my delivery date is today, December 13th. Now I am not mad by any means but should I be concerned about the build quality I may receive? The tracking information shows the origin as Louisville, KY. Is this correct? Did all devices ship from KY? I find it odd that Google Play states 5 -6 weeks but "they just so happened" to have a device they can send to me in less than 48 hours. (Things that make you go hmm.)

FYI, I order the 16GB model.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

I would not be worried about the build quality. I think with all the ordering/shipping delays since launch, Google is just over estimating the shipping dates to give themselves plenty of room to succeed. Enjoy your good fortune. The phone is amazing.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

I would not be worried about the build quality. I think with all the ordering/shipping delays since launch, Google is just over estimating the shipping dates to give themselves plenty of room to succeed. Enjoy your good fortune. The phone is amazing.

Agreed + it will give them an excuse to customers who are annoyed if there is a wait.
With a wait that long, it would also deter people not overly DESIRING the phone, thus if there was a stock issue it will deter those who try to resell the phone due to the long wait.

Last edited:

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Would it do any good to worry or be concerned? Is there anything that you can do about it before you get your phone and find out if it is good? If you answered no to those questions you have your answer to your thread.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

They're not making phones on demand for each order, your phone was manufactured weeks ago in Korea. The speed UPS turns around your order is a factor of their organization, not a rush manufacturing job.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. don't worry, Google is just a piece of and they just gave the people that ordered recently nexus 4 before people that ordered before them....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon